Rhode Island School of Design

Raintree21

Folks, I know that this has been around for a while and i am sorry for digging up an old story. I have not been on here in a long time, but i think some things need to be addressed. Charlotte already has a major design school, a very good one in fact. I don't know how many of you have been up by UNC Charlotte, but you need to get up by the university. The Charlotte 49ers have one of only two architecture schools in the state (the other being NC State), and it is an extremely well respected program nationally. In my opinion, to bring in RISD would be a slap in the face to the city of Charlotte's only major university, UNC Charlotte and the new uptown campus of the university. I hope that the city will take its blinders off and realize that Charlotte is becoming a well respected university that will soon be the largest in the state.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Folks, I know that this has been around for a while and i am sorry for digging up an old story. I have not been on here in a long time, but i think some things need to be addressed. Charlotte already has a major design school, a very good one in fact. I don't know how many of you have been up by UNC Charlotte, but you need to get up by the university. The Charlotte 49ers have one of only two architecture schools in the state (the other being NC State), and it is an extremely well respected program nationally. In my opinion, to bring in RISD would be a slap in the face to the city of Charlotte's only major university, UNC Charlotte and the new uptown campus of the university. I hope that the city will take its blinders off and realize that Charlotte is becoming a well respected university that will soon be the largest in the state.

I'd like to see this school come to Charlotte as well. As a city gets bigger, it should be more than a one trick pony. However, this issue seems dead as far as RISD is concerned. What new information has there been on this subject in months?

Archived