Elks Club Redevelopment

Magnolia Drive

ElksClubRedevelopment.jpg

Features:

• Great Midtown location

• Long term ground lease or build to suit

• Zoned General Commercial

• Close to Governors Square Mall and Governors Market Place

• Located on Magnolia Drive off Tennessee Street and across from the Tallahassee Democrat and All American Ford

• 8,660 sq.ft. Elks Club Proposed

• 83,328 sq.ft. 7-Story Residence Building

• 54-1 Bed Room Units (672 sq.ft)

• 24-2 Bed Room Units (1008 sq.ft)

Also Proposed:

Office

Restaurant

Retail

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also ignorant so I went to Wiki:

The Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks (BPOE; also often known as the Elks Lodge or simply The Elks), is an American fraternal order and social club founded in 1868. It is one of the leading fraternal orders in the U.S., claiming over one million members.

The Elks had modest beginnings in 1868 as a social club (then called the "Jolly Corks") established as a private club to elude New York City laws governing the opening hours of public taverns. Early members were mostly from theatrical performing troupes in New York City.

It has since evolved into a major American fraternal, charitable, and service order with more than a million members, both men and women, throughout the United States. Current members are required to be U.S. citizens over the age of 21 and believe in God.

My Grandparents are members of the ELKS in my hometown, as far as I know, they are both members. They do volunteer work, host events, etc. etc.

From the Elks website:

Our Mission

To inculcate the principles of Charity, Justice, Brotherly Love and Fidelity; to recognize a belief in God; to promote the welfare and enhance the happiness of its Members; to quicken the spirit of American patriotism; to cultivate good fellowship; to perpetuate itself as a fraternal organization, and to provide for its government, the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks of the United States of America will serve the people and communities through benevolent programs, demonstrating that Elks Care and Elks Share.

Archived