Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Worley

Calculators

12 posts in this topic

To a scientist, engineer, or someone in a technical field, your calculator is to you what the gunslinger's sidearm was to him, the primary tool for putting food on the table.

Being a TI-30 and TI-30X guy since 1982, I was amazed to find this on the web today:

http://www.datamath.org/Story/TI-30_Birthday.htm

Aside from a Radio Shack calculator I had for a few months starting in May of 92 and a TI-30 X IIs I bought in April for the PE, the -30 and -30X have been, and continue to be my weapon of choice.

What is your favorite calculator?

I primarily use my cellphone for simple calculations but for more complex ones I use a TI-83.

TI-89 Titanium from math class when I used to go to school. Most of my caclulation needs today can be fulfilled with the Treo.

Being a TI-30 and TI-30X guy since 1982, I was amazed to find this on the web today:.....

Just bought a fancy new Texas Instruments TI-30XIIS scientific, non-graphing calculator.

I've got a TI-84 that I use almost every time I need a calculator.

I also use my cellphone's calculator if I don't have the Ti-84 around.

Nice thread. I still use my Casio Scientific fx-250C, it has "Jesus batteries" as my wife has quipped on occasion - it is still on the original set since I've owned it which has been at least 16 years now.

Pic:

casio_fx-250C.1.jpg

Only calculator I ever really use is the keypad on the right-hand side of the keyboard I'm typing this on. I'm more of a words guy.

One of the best calculators i found for me is the Jobber "6". They claim its the ultimate builders construction calculator.

my 2 hands. if it involves bigger numbers, i use the calculator on the computer.

My weapon of choice would be a cellphone calculator or any simple calculator. Haha. The more simple, the better for me. I hate math anyway. :P