Suggestion for UP-GR Forum

blueradon

Well I hope everyone is okay with me posting this here - but I'm feeling the urge to be suggestive lately :lol:

I love coming to UP-GR not just to listen and discuss things with you lovely people - but I also love very much to look at photos of renderings and progress of buildings that are being built here in this wonderful city.

With all that said, I would like to make a suggestion to add on top of the Coffee House and Armchair Developer a Construction/Development Subforum. This would be easier for some like myself to go right to what I'm looking for and to see newer photos of the progress of buildings that so many people love to share on here...and I think by doing this - also gives me a better chance then to come into the GR forum and read discussions and debates on other issues.

Of course I would still like to see things in the regular GR forum like "possible" new buildings with renderings, and only the projects that are actually taking place be put in this subforum...and then also move the rendering/redevelopment photo thread to the sub-forum as well.

Any thoughts? Comments? -- I don't really mind if anyone disagrees, and I'm not trying to get everyone away from the GR forum itself - just thought that it would be better this way instead of having to dig through the threads to find the latest construction photos.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think twoshort's route is the best. If you go to the Downtown Development thread, you can then find any of the major projects. Some other city sub-forums have put the major projects as "stickies" at the top of the forum, but to be honest I don't like having a bunch of sticky topics. It looks more cluttered to me.

I may take the Armchair Developer's forum out. What do you guys think? It hasn't really caught on like Joe and I thought it would. For one, I don't think a lot of developers like to show off their bag-o-tricks to other would-be developers.

I was thinking of starting a Community Activism Corner instead. It might be a good way for different Community Activists to hook up with each other and post projects they are working on at the neighborhood level. Especially those who aren't necessarily interested in land development per se, and get lost in the shuffle. And a lot of those projects are not covered by the MSM, or they are buried deep in the community sections or the region section of the Press. What do you guys think of that?

Thanks for the feedback blueradon. If anyone has any other ideas, post them and I'll take a look at them.

• 3 weeks later...

I think thats a great idea. With the green movement that is happening right now, products seem to be coming out DAILY and it is impossible to keep up.

I would think you would get MUCH better information if that was a standard topic for the entire board... not buried in the Michigan area.

I think thats a great idea. With the green movement that is happening right now, products seem to be coming out DAILY and it is impossible to keep up.

I would think you would get MUCH better information if that was a standard topic for the entire board... not buried in the Michigan area.

We have something like this already:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/Treehugg...ounge-f295.html

Right but I was thinking to have something of that nature be Grand Rapids related since we talk about it so much here - do many people go to the michigan board itself? I don't see that many topics started up compared to GR.

Either way I would be happy with it instead of putting all the topics I find in the GR Coffeehouse :lol:

Archived