Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

powellua

Aviation Planning

3 posts in this topic

Knowing my love for aviation through college, I eventually found myself in airport operations after college with a B.S. in management. After almost a year as an operations agent, I feel that airport/aviation planning is where I want to take my career. Seeing that a Master's in Urban Planning (possibly other degrees) is a prerequisite into the career, it has made it difficult on selecting a particular program that best fits my interests. MIT has a wonderful program for Urban Planning with spec in Transportation (Aviation classes), but I cannot expect to get into the program automatically.

I am trying to narrow down schools on which to send out applications. Do you have any suggestions?

Jeff

Also consider non-urban planning oriented programs too, such as urban administration programs as well. Just from my knowledge, Georgia State University in Atlanta has a aviation administration program that is linked with Hartsfield-Jackson Intl Airport. I can't vouch on the program, just suggesting there might be other routes to consider.

Also consider non-urban planning oriented programs too, such as urban administration programs as well. Just from my knowledge, Georgia State University in Atlanta has a aviation administration program that is linked with Hartsfield-Jackson Intl Airport. I can't vouch on the program, just suggesting there might be other routes to consider.