Mahan Drive

bucklakecrawl

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}Tallahassee bucklakecrawl :yahoo:

From what I understand, the Proctor has turned over ownership of some of their stores, but they will continue to operate as they do, perhaps with a different name on the building (i.e. Not "Proctor" ______ ). I would don't think it would be economically wise to tear down two New High Quality Buildings to put up a Home Depot. Maybe the proctors own some additional land in that area that will be converted into a Home Depot. I could see them using the current GMC, Pontiac, Buick store for something such as this (Home Depot), but not the new Hummer and Caddy store.

Hummer:

DSCF0428.jpg

Cadillac:

DSCF0427.jpg

Both: (Sorry about the pic)

DSCF0431.jpg

I think this location is way too close to their other store on Cap Circle unless they plan to close it & open a larger store on Mahan or in this general vicinity. However, their existing store is very cramped, just like the existing Lowes is, so a move might not be a bad idea. I actually prefer to go to the Lowes & HD on Cap Circle NE for this reason alone.

Edited to add: Didn't the article in the paper state that University Chevrolet was moving everything they bought from Proctor, except for the Hummer dealership, across the street to their existing facility? I guess that frees up quite a bit of land that I don't see sitting vacant for long.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

So should the Acura Dealership move to this location, does that mean that the proposed Target for this is still coming or does this replace it?

For me personally, I'm a fan of having all the car dealerships in one area, so I'm not a fan of this proposal. It also for me makes it easier to shop for cars w/all the dealerships in the same area.

So should the Acura Dealership move to this location, does that mean that the proposed Target for this is still coming or does this replace it?

For me personally, I'm a fan of having all the car dealerships in one area, so I'm not a fan of this proposal. It also for me makes it easier to shop for cars w/all the dealerships in the same area.

• 2 weeks later...
I think having dealerships together makes for easier shopping. We do have a few dealerships spread out on this side of town, but I think it is only due to land availabilty. I am sure it helps with service by having some on this side of town. As for Acura, I myself will never have interest in owning one. They are nice cars, but just not of interest to me. I like the idea of a Target going there though. However, if that were to happen, I think it would need to be the Super Target and not just another standard Target. All I am certain of is that the signs have said "Under Contract" for several months and nothing has transpired including site plans being submitted to the county.

Archived