Nashville Picture Thread

Lexy

A collection of photos taken over the last year here in the Music City. Everything from.....well not everything but it's a bunch of stuff. In case you haven't heard, Nashville is going through a bit of a growth spurt and we have adopted a new state bird, the Tower Crane. Seems like they are everywhere nowadays. Either way, enjoy the photos and for crying out loud, tell me you like them even if you don't! :notacrook:

Click the thumbs for the full sizes!!!!!

Downtown from the Gateway Bridge(which isn't it's REAL name but it's too long to post so nevermind it).

79067438.RlyyctZr.jpg

I said this WAS Music City didn't I?

76877545.Kud8U8dq.jpg

The need for speed.

72913238.LGWKtuvo.jpg

Downtown grocery stores RULE!

75137426.ADTBslbK.jpg

See what I mean about the tower crane?

89091349.W3Xe2sjs.jpg

The Hermitage Hotel (which is REALLY nice I might add!)

76877543.7u7UgGlQ.jpg

The Ghost Ballet for the East Bank Machineworks

83056279.6FTwBGUQ.jpg

Tennessee Titans

84818332.xqcqKNNa.jpg

USED to be the Bellsouth Tower, now it's the AT&T Tower

89088099.xGMxtaRv.jpg

The Ryman Auditorium (one of the GREATEST places to see a live concert handsdown)

89089817.qhoV4a3n.jpg

Palmer Plaza

89091601.ujRYjfJW.jpg

Ron Paul has invaded Nashville!!!!

89088371.p65HhQFZ.jpg

A new office tower downtown. The Suntrust Tower (should've been called the "Overdraft Fees Tower" if you ask me)

89091828.0DAyLU7b.jpg

89092523.vv3T9FSS.jpg

Trailer Parking Only Please!!

89092761.uhVU564w.jpg

The Parthenon

89093703.XkquwyOr.jpg

The Skyline

79009698.aejTQ2UN.jpg

And it one more time for good measure (PANO).

73286381.ap6L0YbC.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lexy, we're still here for you buddy, and still loving your photos. I was able to get downtown this morning and do some walking after being a bit infirm for a couple of months or so. I took my time and was just amazed at the little things I saw. The Suntrust may have fees, but they have one heck of a nice building. I explored the plazas, sat outside Panera overlooking the Ryman and the Sommet. If I'd only had a panini. Oh well, they'll open soon.

I discovered the Mod Metal and the Dupree furniture store and the next door home furnishing store on 8th, yes, doggone it, EIGHTH! Avenue, that is. Sorry, Rosa, if you're between Broadway and Church, to me, you'll always be 8th Avenue. The Homewood Suites looks sweet. The new galleries seem to be all over the place. The cranes that have come down are only sprouting new ones. I peeked in at the model of the Velocity. Holy Cow. That sucker's huge. ICON looks great even if there are those around who think it should abandon the Gulch's industrial heritage and make it all poofy pretty. I think it's great as is. Peeked inside Kenny bath place in the Gulch. My wallet cried. I even explored the stores at Cummins Station and wondered why people think we have no retail downtown. That IS downtown, isn't it? Sure looks that way to me.

The town has just changed. Period. From two years ago, this is just beginning to look like a different place and it looks darn good to me. Whiney butts can just complain about a brick not being the right color, but that's fine with me. This is my town and I've never been prouder of her. The Renaissance renovation is pretty stunning. It looks more like a W than some of the W's I've been in. I don't know what was going on in there this morning, but at 5'10 I was the tallest person around. Looked like the entire Phillipines had landed in the lobby...and dressed very nicely I might add.

I was great being out. The view of the AT&T building from the Suntrust east plaza wasn't expected. With the new landscaping, the entire structure is in view and looks amazing from that vantage point.

The changes out West End are great as well.

Lexy, we're still here for you buddy, and still loving your photos. I was able to get downtown this morning and do some walking after being a bit infirm for a couple of months or so. I took my time and was just amazed at the little things I saw. The Suntrust may have fees, but they have one heck of a nice building. I explored the plazas, sat outside Panera overlooking the Ryman and the Sommet. If I'd only had a panini. Oh well, they'll open soon.

I discovered the Mod Metal and the Dupree furniture store and the next door home furnishing store on 8th, yes, doggone it, EIGHTH! Avenue, that is. Sorry, Rosa, if you're between Broadway and Church, to me, you'll always be 8th Avenue. The Homewood Suites looks sweet. The new galleries seem to be all over the place. The cranes that have come down are only sprouting new ones. I peeked in at the model of the Velocity. Holy Cow. That sucker's huge. ICON looks great even if there are those around who think it should abandon the Gulch's industrial heritage and make it all poofy pretty. I think it's great as is. Peeked inside Kenny bath place in the Gulch. My wallet cried. I even explored the stores at Cummins Station and wondered why people think we have no retail downtown. That IS downtown, isn't it? Sure looks that way to me.

The town has just changed. Period. From two years ago, this is just beginning to look like a different place and it looks darn good to me. Whiney butts can just complain about a brick not being the right color, but that's fine with me. This is my town and I've never been prouder of her. The Renaissance renovation is pretty stunning. It looks more like a W than some of the W's I've been in. I don't know what was going on in there this morning, but at 5'10 I was the tallest person around. Looked like the entire Phillipines had landed in the lobby...and dressed very nicely I might add.

I was great being out. The view of the AT&T building from the Suntrust east plaza wasn't expected. With the new landscaping, the entire structure is in view and looks amazing from that vantage point.

The changes out West End are great as well.

Lex...love that next to last shot with the reflection of DT in the Cumberland...beautiful. By the way...the shot with the slow shutter speed that makes the effect of the cars on the interstate look like laser beams...at first I thought you took the shot south of the city looking up I-65...but then I noticed the Batman Bldg on the left, which made me think you had moved the buildings around to fool us!!! Cool stuff.

Lex...love that next to last shot with the reflection of DT in the Cumberland...beautiful. By the way...the shot with the slow shutter speed that makes the effect of the cars on the interstate look like laser beams...at first I thought you took the shot south of the city looking up I-65...but then I noticed the Batman Bldg on the left, which made me think you had moved the buildings around to fool us!!! Cool stuff.

Archived