New NWA Rand McNally maps are out

KJW

...and for the first time, particularly on the Rogers/Bentonville map, it's starting to become visible how much development has actually happened in this area.

Every other map I've seen of the Benton County cities seems to have been about 3 years behind, until now. It would be fascinating to see a map that stretched as far north as Jane, MO (not much to see there yet), West Fork, Siloam and east Carroll County, AR. As it is, it's also evident how much this area is a patchwork quilt (or jigsaw puzzle) of a bunch of different cities that have grown together.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

("Fresh prince of Bel-Air" voice) Well, well...well, well, well....well, well, well, well, well, well WELLLLLL!(/voice)

NWA has joined the "big" or at least "bigger" leagues now.

I went to the Pleasant Grove SuperCenter last night and while looking at the magazine section discovered that not only are the 2007 very updated maps now available, but now Rand McNally has published the first edition of the Northwest Arkansas Street Guide. (Page 39 on this .pdf file.)

This is a nice spiral-bound grid-delineated map of NWA (not including Siloam Springs or Gravette) featuring BV, Bentonville, Rogers, Fayetteville, Springdale, West Fork and everything in between. Right now it's got about 30 pages of NWA street names alone.

"Well, we're movin' on up..." (I'm in a celebratory pre-Thanksgiving mood today).

Guys,

I won't keep making posts on this topic but...even with the massive changes RmcN is showing they're still behind.

For instance, the Bentonville map doesn't show the extension of Tiger Blvd. to the I-540 parallel road (started last year, completed earlier this year) or the extension of John DeShields Blvd. just below it (completed in the summer).

Archived