Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RemusCal

Rogers next Hotspot for Development

7 posts in this topic

If everyone has noticed lately, the Pinnacle area is really beginning to look Urban. I cannot believe how much the skyline is changing in that area. Especially at night, the entire area is completely lit up. After Pinnacle fills up, what will be the next hot spot for development?

I think it will be the Pleasant Grove area. There is already a string of development happening on that road, but after the overpass is widened and stoplights are added, I can see that area just rapidly taking off.

Thoughts?

One other question I just thought of...

When will Rogers get a 15 - 20 story plus building (office/hotel/condo) in the area? I would love to see a 20 story hotel tower. That could happen, but I just don't see the condo development happening at all due to the Residential oversupply.

I wouldn't really consider Pinnacle as urban. It's suburban. I would like to see Rogers redevelop it's downtown area before spreading out to Pleasant Grove.

That would be great if they could now focus on the Pleasant Grove area since it's by 540. Too bad we aren't getting that arena though. But oh well. I want to see how The Grove will look in the next year or so.

Urban/Suburban... you ask me there isn't really any "urban" area in Northwest Arkansas. It all looks "suburban" to me after living in places like NYC, Dallas, St. Pete/Tampa, L.A. I would instead use the term "medium density" for Pinnacle Hills, whereas downtown Fayetteville would be "high density." Even if neither is ideally "urban." Besides, the entire 540 corridor is considered "urban" according to some realtors and government agencies responsible for rural grants.

Aside from that I don't think there's any more "hot spots" in NWA now that the initial "hype" has faded away leaving just "hope" that more big developments will happen here. There will continue to be these so-called "new urban" subdivisions popping up here and there, but I wouldn't expect much more commercial growth any time soon. It sounds like commercial development in NWA has been even more overbuilt than residential.

Expect a new surge in development in NWA by around 2020 after empty residential and commercial space has been filled. But, don't expect the next surge to be as haphazard as this last one.

Urban/Suburban... you ask me there isn't really any "urban" area in Northwest Arkansas. It all looks "suburban" to me after living in places like NYC, Dallas, St. Pete/Tampa, L.A. I would instead use the term "medium density" for Pinnacle Hills, whereas downtown Fayetteville would be "high density." Even if neither is ideally "urban." Besides, the entire 540 corridor is considered "urban" according to some realtors and government agencies responsible for rural grants.

Aside from that I don't think there's any more "hot spots" in NWA now that the initial "hype" has faded away leaving just "hope" that more big developments will happen here. There will continue to be these so-called "new urban" subdivisions popping up here and there, but I wouldn't expect much more commercial growth any time soon. It sounds like commercial development in NWA has been even more overbuilt than residential.

Expect a new surge in development in NWA by around 2020 after empty residential and commercial space has been filled. But, don't expect the next surge to be as haphazard as this last one.

I've also seen Rogers make a few moves that seem somewhat 'Fayetteville-esque' in the past year or so. I'm curious to see if Rogers eventually opts to take a route a bit more similar to Fayetteville.