UrbanPlanet - Grand Rapids 3 Year Anniversary

GRDadof3

I thought that since the Grand Rapids section of UrbanPlanet is right about at its 3 Year Anniversary, I'd give everyone an update on stats and how far the site has come:

) The Grand Rapids section was started up by Allan (Detroit member) and joedowntown in Sept. 04, and really didn't start to take off until December of that year

) I joined shortly afterward in Feb. 05 and was asked to moderate the following summer. Joedowntown is still also a GR moderator.

) According to our HEAD COUNT thread, we have approximately 225 members who peruse the GR section and have registered on the site. No telling how many lurkers there are who haven't registered.

) As of today, the Grand Rapids and GR Coffee House subforums have had 2095 topics, with 74,152 reponses! (make that 2096 topics :thumbsup: )

) According to Google Analytics, From May 1st, 2007 - Oct. 31st, 2007, both forums had:

136,901 Page Views (22,800/month on average)

57,360 Unique IP Address Visitors (9560/month on average)

) Our little online community continuously ranks in the Top 5 subforums on UrbanPlanet.

) That also makes us one of the most viewed online resources related to Grand Rapids anywhere

) By my count, we have held 15 development Lunch-n-Learn tours in the past two years, had 6 or 7 informal meetups, and have started at least two separate task forces related to downtown retail and metro-wide mass transit

) We've been cited in every major mainstream media outlet in town now

So congratulations UrbanPlanet Grand Rapids and thank you everyone for your contributions and generous support!

Jeff H.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
) That also makes us one of the most viewed online resources related to Grand Rapids anywhere

) By my count, we have held 15 development Lunch-n-Learn tours in the past two years, had 6 or 7 informal meetups, and have started at least two separate task forces related to downtown retail and metro-wide mass transit

) We've been cited in every major mainstream media outlet in town now

Seeing the vibrancy of UP>GR is a great thing. It demonstrates that we love our metro and care about what goes on here. I'm glad I joined. As long as UP>GR and the rest of Urban Planet remains true to the purpose of this venue then consider me here to stay.

I don't know, I think it already serves as a valuable source to keep abreast of the projects going on around Grand Rapids. It is good to know what everyone is doing for business purposes as well as morale purposes. Seeing all of the wonderful work going on kind of inspires us to keep going and growing.

Woop, woop! On behalf of all Planeteers, a huge THANK YOU to Joe and Jeff for all of their hard work and time spent on making this forum incredibly successful.

Hmmm.... Now, if I could only calculate how much time I've spent:

• on this site since Jan 2005. (6-month Lurker)

• fighting with Nitro (I'm still owe him one for the picture he posted about recycling bottles)

• talking about this forum (this site has a tendency to flow in conversation)

• planning events for Planeteers' (I love it)

Urbanplanet is a valuable resource, an online gathering place for a dynamic group of individuals

• fostering diverse topics, discussions, and ideas

• assisting in educating forum members, creating change, and building friendships

• improving the economic, social, and environmental health of our local communities.

Caught something on WGVU-AM this afternoon. Muskegon's C of C holds some sort of classes (? workshops??) for folks interested in development, downtown, etc.

We should have something like that here, dealing in the rest of the table along with those whose names are on the front doors.

Once I track it down, I will add the details.

She was talking about Leadership Muskegon, a leadership institute similar to Leadership Grand Rapids.

Link to Leadership Muskegon

Caught something on WGVU-AM this afternoon. Muskegon's C of C holds some sort of classes (? workshops??) for folks interested in development, downtown, etc.

We should have something like that here, dealing in the rest of the table along with those whose names are on the front doors.

Once I track it down, I will add the details.

Archived