New Bern, NC

CapeFearRiver10

I've notice a lot of development is going on in New Bern. The retirees from the Northeast are choosing New Bern because its far but close to family. I think this is great for New Bern I just hope they don't loose that uniqueness that they have. I guess Eastern NC is finally getting some attention (needed attention). I think New Bern future will become some what similar to Cape Carol, FL.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7204492&&a...ilThis&CE=1

Here is a article that mentions New Bern being top of the list for retirements homeowners

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've notice a lot of development is going on in New Bern. The retirees from the Northeast are choosing New Bern because its far but close to family. I think this is great for New Bern I just hope they don't loose that uniqueness that they have. I guess Eastern NC is finally getting some attention (needed attention). I think New Bern future will become some what similar to Cape Carol, FL.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7204492&&a...ilThis&CE=1

Here is a article that mentions New Bern being top of the list for retirements homeowners

• 2 months later...

Downtown New Bern has so much potential. As a historical port city it is more or less on par with say Alexandria. In 1850 the populations were about 8000ish for Alexandria and 5000ish for New Bern. An economy that can build off retirees would be great. Eventually you may find an industry of some sort wants to locate there like PPD in Wilmington. There is great charm with old parks and homes, boating, and a nice little conference facility.

Archived