Eating Out in Raleigh for Thanksgiving

JeffC

Trying to find a place serving traditional Thanksgiving spread in Raleigh. Greg Cox has a list over at N&O blogs, but is a little heavy on Durham and west and light on Raleigh.

One possibility is the "Top of the Tower" at the former Holiday Inn turned Clarion on Hillsborough Street. I'm a little hesitant because the last time I ate there (admittedly years ago) it was fairly mediocre hotel restaurant food. It also got an "89" sanitation rating the last two times it has been inspected (the most recent report complimenting them on making "great strides" since the last inspection :shok: ).

Irregardless is also open, but anyone know if Arthur is doing a big T-giving spread, or the usual (but very good) Irregardless menu?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had Thanksgiving at Irregardless about five years ago. It was Thanksgiving with an Irregardless twist. They couldn't let cranberry sauce be cranberry sauce, it was a slightly spicy chutney. The turkey itself was seasoned as well, instead of just basting in its own juices, and the vegetables were fancied up a little as well. As expected, there was a vegetarian option as well. I liked it, but my my sister's in-laws from west of Hickory wanted a more "traditoinal" meal.

After that, we went the Golden Corral route for a couple of years, and now have a "traditional" at-home dinner.

One of the best Thanksgivings I've had was about 8-10 years ago at the Plantation Inn on Capitol Blvd, on the corner where Circuit City/Mimi's/On the Border/BJs/etc. are now. I don't know any place that offers a buffet above GC quality. :dontknow:

We had Thanksgiving at Irregardless about five years ago. It was Thanksgiving with an Irregardless twist. They couldn't let cranberry sauce be cranberry sauce, it was a slightly spicy chutney. The turkey itself was seasoned as well, instead of just basting in its own juices, and the vegetables were fancied up a little as well. As expected, there was a vegetarian option as well. I liked it, but my my sister's in-laws from west of Hickory wanted a more "traditoinal" meal.

After that, we went the Golden Corral route for a couple of years, and now have a "traditional" at-home dinner.

One of the best Thanksgivings I've had was about 8-10 years ago at the Plantation Inn on Capitol Blvd, on the corner where Circuit City/Mimi's/On the Border/BJs/etc. are now. I don't know any place that offers a buffet above GC quality. :dontknow:

Archived