Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pcdoctor

Blockbuster on Leonard NW Closed

9 posts in this topic

The blockbuster video on Leonard street has closed down. I'm not sure whether it went out of business or if it moved. If it indeed moved, where is it located now? There is currently a dumpster in the parking lot and is a mess inside. I never rented movies from there anyway. I'm a family video guy.

The blockbuster video on Leonard street has closed down. I'm not sure whether it went out of business or if it moved. If it indeed moved, where is it located now? There is currently a dumpster in the parking lot and is a mess inside. I never rented movies from there anyway. I'm a family video guy.

I would say that family video has a much better selection of movies at very cheap prices. $1 for five nights typically and new releases start at like $2.60 I think. One thing I do not like is that when a casette/dvd is used quite frequently, it starts to have problems in a player to where it would start wrecking it and they still keep renting it out. Also, the other thing I really like compared to blockbuster is that movies are due back at midnight and not at noon!

When the family and I rented from Blockbuster, we had the same problems of defective cassettes and scratched DVD's. DVD's were esp. notorious of this. When Blockbuster phased out most of its VHS offerings we stopped renting and switched to PPV and DVR.

It probably should not be surprising. Netflicks and PPV has got to be giving Blockbuster a beating. Its been about 4 years since the last time I rented a video from Blockbuster. I hear Family video has a great selection of animation. True?

I think the blockbuster must have merged with the exhisting one on Alpine. It maybe just went out of business.

I passed by the former Blockbuster earlier today. I saw a large dumpster full of demolition debris siting on the parking lot. So something is going on in there. It would be advantageous of the adjacent Ralph's Market to take over that space. It would nearly double that very small store's size.