Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tamias6

Group seeks legal Medical Marijuana

Should the medical use of Marijuana be legallized?   41 members have voted

1. 1. Should the medical use of Marijuana be legallized?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 posts in this topic

According to this article, a group wanting to have the medical use of Marijuana for terminally ill patients have gathered 500,000 signatures to put the issue on the 2008 ballots. Is the us of Marijuana for medical purposes a good idea?

They were at my college gathering signatures for the petition a few weeks ago, and the woman said they planned on reaching their goal of putting it on the ballot.

Obviously a concern would be that it could get into the wrong hands, but as someone who supports the idea of legalizing marijuana all-together, I don't think it would hurt the region. If alcohol is legal, marijuana should be too. (IMO)

They were at my college gathering signatures for the petition a few weeks ago, and the woman said they planned on reaching their goal of putting it on the ballot.

Obviously a concern would be that it could get into the wrong hands, but as someone who supports the idea of legalizing marijuana all-together, I don't think it would hurt the region. If alcohol is legal, marijuana should be too. (IMO)

If there was a way to easily control the growth, supply chain and taxation of it, it would have been legalized long ago ;)

I was approached with a similar petition when i was in college. I didnt sign it, because the guy collecting signatures seemed to be some stoner who wanted to smoke more pot. "Duuude.. you wanna sign this petition?" Um, no thanks.

If this makes the ballot, I'd probably vote for it though.

As somebody who has been around a lot of cancer, I say absolutely. It's great to see how this forum is voting. I hope it's this way come election time!

Haven't other states tried this, and have it pass, only for the federal government to step in a not allow it? I think it was California or Arizona or something, and Bill Clinton called a stop to it.

Haven't other states tried this, and have it pass, only for the federal government to step in a not allow it? I think it was California or Arizona or something, and Bill Clinton called a stop to it.

I say just vote for it and get it over with already - we've got bigger things to be more concerned about.

I say just vote for it and get it over with already - we've got bigger things to be more concerned about.