Charlotte's Light Rail: Lynx Blue Line

dubone

11 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

At least this one is against something and not just floating in the middle of no where like at Carson Blvd.

Seriously I saw those this weekend and my first thought was a flashback to the Sum of All Fears.  Are these permanent or temporary for the ACC Championship? 

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, kermit said:

Its not new information, he was just quoting the date from the most recent quarterly report.

Yes, page 27 of the FTA report:

Schedule BL 107 is the update of the Master Schedule with a data date of September 30, 2017. The Revenue Service Date improved from March 21, 2018 to February 1, 2018 during the BL 107 Schedule Update.

That's not a reporting error! Either they are trying to mislead the FTA or they are truly run by idiots (as everyone already knows -- I am of the opinion they are run by idiots).

The quote from the FTA report I pulled does not leave room for a typo. This report is also tied to money being reimbursed/paid out, so this is not something you hand to an intern to write.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised to have BLE open next August! ( I know, I know, they will not get the federal money past March, but I don't think they are capable of keeping any timeline or budget - no matter how much contingency you throw at them )

Nice try Novel, but the Sugar Creek Station is literally at N. Davidson street as well. Direct pedestrian access to the platform. So yeah.... time to start expanding people’s mental map of NoDa to include the northern part of the street. There is more past 36th street, imagine that! Crown Station, Deejai Thai and Bold Missy brewery are all paving the way for the expansion of “NoDa” down to Sugar Creek. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2018 at 2:09 AM, southslider said:

Latest rumblings are that CATS will do some inaugural rides for the politicians and elites the morning of opening day first then open to the full public later in the day.  The original Blue Line didn't do this, though Gold Line did. Hopefully, CATS will change their minds and treat BLE more like transit than toy.

With you completely.  Furthermore, I hate treating politicians differently than other citizens.  I particularly hate naming buildings or infrastructure for pols.  This is a very minor thing (a pet peeve of mine) but not something "public servants" would do.   

• Like 1

Orignal blue line opening was November, 2007 and dignitaries and politicians were on it. I was there and saw McCrorey in the cab of the first southbound car when it passed East-West. He waved at me. Passengers of the normal part may have been aboard also.

http://www.apta.com/passengertransport/Documents/archive_4628.htm

If you want to take transit to work, don't think about using BLE until that afternoon. And if you take a bus, your route may not even connect to BLE until Saturday.  Or Monday?  Treating politicians separately from the public is bad enough.  At least treat your bus customers equal to your rail customers. 

Edited by southslider