dubone

Charlotte's Light Rail: Lynx Blue Line

On 1/11/2019 at 6:14 PM, Matthew.Brendan said:

Oh man I’m gonna have to go dig. I’m 90+ percent certain that the equipment that was ordered and installed is capabale of 100% automation. I’ve asked about it before and the answer I believe was something like “yes, but...” 

It was either a Charlotte Talks or FAQ City podcast that I heard John Lewis say the system was capable "when the time comes" to be fully automated. He joked that he'd have to have a long talk with the union about that. 

14 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

Kermit is now using the symbol of the Paris region public transport agency as his avatar

image.png.51a6a60ae4520303caf4c75df4a795e1.png

"In 1992, Paris public transport operator RATP ( Régie Autonome des Transports Parisiens) introduced a new logo featuring a silhouette of a girl looking up, which symbolizes the Seine river passing through Paris, represented in the shape of a circle.  Nowadays, it can be seen on all metro trains, buses, tickets, and Paris city maps."   Linkhttp://metromap.fr/en  -  The New Paris Metro Map

Edited by QCxpat
Add image of Paris Metro Map
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, QCxpat said:

image.png.51a6a60ae4520303caf4c75df4a795e1.png

"In 1992, Paris public transport operator RATP ( Régie Autonome des Transports Parisiens) introduced a new logo featuring a silhouette of a girl looking up, which symbolizes the Seine river passing through Paris, represented in the shape of a circle.  Nowadays, it can be seen on all metro trains, buses, tickets, and Paris city maps."   Linkhttp://metromap.fr/en  -  The New Paris Metro Map

I always heard it rumored that it was Marianne, the goddess of Liberty, who is on the statue of liberty, the former french Five Cent piece, and the French government logo. I have also heard it was styled on Joan of Arc and Mona Lisa. Regardless, its a great logo.

• Like 4