Charlotte's Light Rail: Lynx Blue Line

dubone

"CATS: We Apologize for the Inconvenience" 

They just need to plaster that on the sides of the buses. 

Someone with graphic design experience should make a bunch of stickers with that slogan and us UPers could stickerbomb CATS property with it, illegal, yes, effective, perhaps. 

U City station parking deck is getting more traffic, but I would estimate it’s only around 1/3 full.

slow and steady wins the race I guess.

the lot at Old Concord is consistently almost full. And not Peking related, Mucullough station generates a surprising (to me) number of riders.

One year in, the BLE is certainly busier and it has plenty of room to grow.

Well Old Concord will continue to be busy as it is free the 2 closer decks to UNCC charge or threaten to charge.  This needs to change about parking charges like have a place in uptown stations to validate your ticket.  No student is going ride uptown then back to campus to avoid parking fees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Well Old Concord will continue to be busy as it is free the 2 closer decks to UNCC charge or threaten to charge.  This needs to change about parking charges like have a place in uptown stations to validate your ticket.  No student is going ride uptown then back to campus to avoid parking fees.

Are they still threatening to charge in the two decks? I have seen no indication of that since last April.

If CATS would implement the smartcard system they mostly paid for two years ago the deck charging issue would go away (they simply need to program the gates to disable UNCC IDs for deck exit).

Edited by kermit

4 hours ago, kermit said:

Are they still threatening to charge in the two decks? I have seen no indication of that since last April.

If CATS would implement the smartcard system they mostly paid for two years ago the deck charging issue would go away (they simply need to program the gates to disable UNCC IDs for deck exit).

Exactly but I have no idea about if they are  still threatening to charge.  Those decks are convenient for me but I am afraid to use them and get charged to park when I am occasional user and I sure many others think the same way since CATS has not said they are NOT charging.  

• Like 4

I have never been charged to park at JW Clay or UC Blvd stations, though that “threat” still remains I suppose. I have seen a folding sign up against the wall (not out by the entrance) that said something about having to pay to exit between 3-6 PM, but I have never exited the garage during those 3 hours, so I have no idea if they actually do that. Even so, a $6 day pass ticket for the light rail was supposed to cover the parking if I’m not mistaken. I wonder if that would still work with the CATS Pass App though?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, southslider said:

^Instead of focusing on winning basketball, someone should've stopped to understand what a Record of Decision actually means. 

Sounds like they are focused on medical research,  not basketball.   I applaud their decision and I'm not generally opposed to Light Rail transit. 

20 minutes ago, skymiler said:

Sounds like they are focused on medical research,  not basketball.   I applaud their decision and I'm not generally opposed to Light Rail transit. 

Duke first requested design changes that added $90M to the project. If they weren't going to support Erwin Rd as the alignment, they should've requested an alternative alignment, not an alternative design.

The basketball comment was meant in jest. Someone else noted that only Durham has Duke fans inside NC, but not now.

Edited by southslider

On 3/18/2019 at 6:43 PM, skymiler said:

Sounds like they are focused on medical research,  not basketball. 

The disrupting medical research excuse was BS. There is rail transit in the _basement_ of Johns Hopkins Medical Center -- is Duke saying they are not smart enough to address the same problems that Hopkins was able to?

(rail transit runs adjacent to Harvard medical school, University of Minnesota medical school and UNC Hospitals and dozens of other medical schools throughout the world.  Electrified rail transit is not incompatible with medical research. )

Edited by kermit