Anyone Remember Jacobson's Department Stores?

wolverine

Anyone have memories of shopping at this department store? My parents went there a lot until their location in downtown Saginaw closed in 2002. That particular location was actually doing fairly well, but the chain itself wasn't. My favorite parts of this place (being an architecture geek when I was young) was the parking structure and my first time on an escalator there.

The one in downtown Ann Arbor is now Borders.

The current building in Saginaw houses office space on the second floor with the ground floor containing some stores and a museum annex.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone have memories of shopping at this department store? My parents went there a lot until their location in downtown Saginaw closed in 2002. That particular location was actually doing fairly well, but the chain itself wasn't. My favorite parts of this place (being an architecture geek when I was young) was the parking structure and my first time on an escalator there.

The one in downtown Ann Arbor is now Borders.

The current building in Saginaw houses office space on the second floor with the ground floor containing some stores and a museum annex.

• 2 weeks later...

I worked at Jacobsons in East Lansing while I attended Michigan State. I was a waiter in the East Room Restaurant, and made ridiculously wonderful tips from middle aged matrons who were there for quiche, and Bloody Marys.

Before the chain died, they abandoned Downtown East Lansing for a berth at Meridian Mall in Okemos. I think their target demographic went to the grave, and they were too slow to change course.

• 1 year later...

Archived