Belle Meade

ATLBrain

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont remember seeing this mentioned anywhere....

Apparently, the Belle Meade Town Center is now offering rental units? Was this always part of the plan, or have the condos been scrapped for apartments?

the Marquee at Belle Meade

There is a sign for this on the front of the Theatre overhang.

The original plan called for rental units in the new 6 story section of the project right behind the old theater. The condos are next to those in a separate building.

There is a parking garage under the section where the apartments are to go as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Harris Teeter and Publix are in a battle Royale'! Kroger has gone down hill so bad, that it's anyone's game now. I can't imagine the competition with 3 major grocery chains on the same block.

I can't see all three making it. If there's one that won't, I'm guessing Publix only because of the loyal following of Kroger customers and the sheer size of the Harris Teeter. Damn, that place is big!

BTW, if you go down in the garage beneath the new bank at the HT, you'll see they had a problem with natural springs. Instead of walling them up, they left the natural rock exposed. The parking garage is surrounded by waterfalls! Hey gangsta, try tagging those walls, bee-och!

Please explain the Belle Meade Kroger having gone downhill? They seem to have gone to more personal service. Other than no longer handing out lollypops and ballons to kids, not much has changed since the remodel. Besides, for all the newness of the Teeter and Publix, suburbanites will prefer to park up top instead of in a garage. HT is all garage. We'll have to see how their "cart-i-lator" from the garage to the store works out.

I would certainly agree with the comments about Kroger going downhill. Kroger stores in general are lower-end and have less personalized service than either Harris-Teeter or Publix. There are often vast differences among area Kroger stores in terms of size, offerings, cleanliness, etc. The Belle Meade Kroger is far smaller than their Green Hills location.

I prefer Publix over any of the large grocery chains. Publix stores are always immaculate and have a great product selection and the most helpful employees. The bakery department at Publix is truly outstanding--no other grocery chain even comes close. I also like Harris-Teeter as a chain, but would choose Publix any day.

I think the Harris-Teeter location in Belle Meade will suffer because of the underground garage and the hassle of parking there. The new apartments located directly behind the store are already available to rent, although they have not had much success in this economic environment. I'm not sure what other retail stores and offices will be opening in the new Hill Center Belle Meade (the location of the Publix store); but if Hill Center Green Hills is any indicator, it will be extremely nice. Also, they have ample parking right in front. I'm sure Publix will hurt Kroger far more than Harris-Teeter.

I am looking forward to the opening of the new stores in Belle Meade. I expect to be a loyal customer of Publix.

Any ideas of opening dates for these new stores? The Publix store looks to be much closer to opening than H-T.

I can't see all three making it. If there's one that won't, I'm guessing Publix only because of the loyal following of Kroger customers and the sheer size of the Harris Teeter. Damn, that place is big!

BTW, if you go down in the garage beneath the new bank at the HT, you'll see they had a problem with natural springs. Instead of walling them up, they left the natural rock exposed. The parking garage is surrounded by waterfalls! Hey gangsta, try tagging those walls, bee-och!

Please explain the Belle Meade Kroger having gone downhill? They seem to have gone to more personal service. Other than no longer handing out lollypops and ballons to kids, not much has changed since the remodel. Besides, for all the newness of the Teeter and Publix, suburbanites will prefer to park up top instead of in a garage. HT is all garage. We'll have to see how their "cart-i-lator" from the garage to the store works out.

I was told that one of those national-chain mexican fast food places, like a Chipolte or Qdoba, is coming. I forgot exactly which one.

A Chipotle would be awesome! That would be the first in the state, if im not mistaken?

Would probably make more sense than another Qdoba on the same street.. but who knows..

If their "cart-i-lator" is similar to those installed @ IKEA stores worldwide, it should work out well. The carts' wheels cannot rotate at all. Thus, the cart just moves down the escalator.

Saw this cool photo online, from this week..

3108222897_98c06e6b03.jpg

Love the picture. Too bad like any photo of that area, it will also show the numerous tangles of power lines, the wooden poles adjacent to new metal poles, lines running in the air to both phone booths and street lighting, and the appalling lack of sidewalks. It is amazing to me the millions in private investment in this picture and virtually none by our fair city. In this picture, you can see the rusted out street lamps on Harding if you look close enough. I have noticed they are typically replaced only if they fall due to old age. Sorry to be so negative but I firmly believe Nashville is capable of so much more...just not sure what to do besides voice my opinion for you all to enjoy :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FYI: The Publix website is listing January 14th, as the opening for the Belle Meade location... (yay)

http://www.publix.com/about/newsroom/NewStoreOpenings.do

And they named some of the other stores coming to the Hill Center as well...

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090107...NESS01/90107030

Since I love Moe's burritos (although Blue Coast is also good)... this is good news for me. Funny though, as the Moe's in Brentwood is also right next to a Publix.

Publix is open now. I may venture over there to check it out tomorrow... IF I feel like braving the frigid weather we're supposed to have, that is. :cold:

Parking in the garage is a good way to avoid bad weather. I picked up a couple of donuts this morning. The place is big.

You mean the one thats a part of the Hill Center?

What I'm referring to is the building that's separate from the Publix. I don't know if it's technically part of the "Hill Center" or not (I assume it is). But, it's a separate free-standing structure that's next to the BP station right there on Harding in front of even the Publix parking lot. Whatever it is, it's still under construction.

The Publix and the rest of the Hill Center complex sit further back from Harding.

What I'm referring to is the building that's separate from the Publix. I don't know if it's technically part of the "Hill Center" or not (I assume it is). But, it's a separate free-standing structure that's next to the BP station right there on Harding in front of even the Publix parking lot. Whatever it is, it's still under construction.

Have you noticed that building has a bench/guardrail combo surrounding a streetside patio? Looks like some sort of restaraunt will go in at least part of it. There is a brick kneewall that has slope-moulded brick making a slight incline. Set into the side are metal standards holding natural wood bench planks. It's a nice touch.

The building you refer to is odd in that it appears to have entrances from both the parking and street sides. That also leans towards a restaraunt use.

Archived