Bristol Midtown Apartments

ATLBrain

Has this been mentioned on this forum? I recall some rumor by somebody on one of these boards about a big apartment or condo project going up near Church Street in Midtown. This could be it.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=58107

I'm not sure I like the design, but the project should help an area that lacks apartments. As I understand things, that's a stretch of Church that has seen a revival recently, right?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has this been mentioned on this forum? I recall some rumor by somebody on one of these boards about a big apartment or condo project going up near Church Street in Midtown. This could be it.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=58107

I'm not sure I like the design, but the project should help an area that lacks apartments. As I understand things, that's a stretch of Church that has seen a revival recently, right?

This does look to be the rental project that was rumored for the Church Street area. I've been waiting for residential projects to start popping up for that area as it seems very primed for some great ones. With the hospitals, GLBT community, and Vandy around this area, I expect this project to be popular and spur others. The rendering looks like a great fit but we'll see if Bristol really goes the cheap route for this one.

Anyone really know how expensive property is around this part of Church St.? I need to know why Bristol will be charging an arm and a leg for these. I still feel one bedrooms starting at $1,000 is insane for this market but probably not too far off what other rentals are going for around Midtown. Twenty & Grand behind Vandy rents one bedrooms from $1,100 but this is a completely different area of Midtown. What I long for in this area is some development like Station Lofts with a more moderate price point to lure the typical Nashvillian without deep pockets like myself into the core. This area of Church Street has great walkability and adding a handful of moderately-priced rentals would really put some bodies on the street.

Very glad to see what may or may not be a quality residential project going into this area. I've yet to understand why this area of town, right between midtown and downtown, hasn't seen more comprehensive development. It seems there is plenty of vacant/available land and prices don't seem too prohibitive. Granted, one may find a stray drug dealer walking the side streets, but the area does seem ripe for dense development given the location.

It's a great development that new apartments are going up in midtown and should fill a growing market demand. I don't think the price points are that far off or unreasonable for the clientele they are going to be marketed too. This will especially true if the rental market continues to tighten as purchases seem less and less like a good shorter-term investment for mobile workers.

I have known about this one for about a year now and am glad to see Richard did a story on it. Evidently Bristol is ready to move forward on this. Note that pine street Lofts is a year from starting according to the article. The site for the Germantown location is between 5th and 6th and fronting Jefferson. Say goodbye to any views at Summer Street Lofts if Bristol builds at this location. The building would be massive covering an entire block.

As to the development potential for this area off State and 17th, I say it

• 5 months later...

Absolutely! :good: There is so much life in that area already, what with the offices, students and nightlife so close by. Adding more--and I do mean copious--rental dwellings will yield untold benefits for those working, attending school, and felicitizin' downtown and in midtown.

^I'm more interested in focused, well-planned redevelopment than handing out tax breaks. My only point regarding this area is that it's underutilized and holds enormous potential because of its proximity to downtown, west end and the hospitals. Please don't put words in my mouth.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived