Herman Miller- Here we go, again...

Yankee Fan

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michigan office furniture company cuts 150 jobs (WZZM) :

"Office furniture maker Herman Miller Inc. has cut about 150 full-time jobs...says most of the cuts were made Tuesday at Michigan operations and all involved white-collar jobs...Herman Miller says the job cuts, along with other actions that it will take over the next six to nine months, will save the company $25 million to $30 million a year."

"Other actions"? What's next?? :scared:

Michigan office furniture company cuts 150 jobs (WZZM) :

"Office furniture maker Herman Miller Inc. has cut about 150 full-time jobs...says most of the cuts were made Tuesday at Michigan operations and all involved white-collar jobs...Herman Miller says the job cuts, along with other actions that it will take over the next six to nine months, will save the company $25 million to $30 million a year."

"Other actions"? What's next?? :scared:

Wow, that's big news for that site. I take it that means they won't be tearing that building down? It's interesting that the city is giving them $145,000 in tax abatements over 12 years, whereas a similarly sized distribution center for Wal-Mart that was rumored for Dorr Township or Mt Pleasant was reportedly seeking $Millions in tax credits.

950,000 square feet is a massive operation.

Well, I was under the impression that Ashley Capital (the developer) was going to keep some of the Steelcase space for an industrial element of their massive plans for the site. I have a feeling that there may be a couple more industrial tenants in the future too at this site...I guess we'll see.

Archived