Election '08: Primaries

JDC

So here we are a day later and Hillary still has not conceded the election. This is the first time I have ever seen a national politician do this in an election that is so clear cut. She is being condemned by many for it and even some of her supporters are now concerned at the damage that she is doing to the party.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So here we are a day later and Hillary still has not conceded the election. This is the first time I have ever seen a national politician do this in an election that is so clear cut. She is being condemned by many for it and even some of her supporters are now concerned at the damage that she is doing to the party.

The NY Times (a great paper) is reporting that Hillary will suspend her campaign on Friday. This is apparently due to the anger from the NY delegation to congress, most Hillary supporters, who did not understand why she didn't concede last night. The thinking was that she was rude, self absorbed and ungracious. Hillary has not let on how this exit will occur, but it does sound now if it is finally done. It's been 24 hours of unnecessary drama.

Update: It's reported that she will also endorse Obama.

Update 2: Sounds like it was a lot more than the NY delegation. The anger has spread like wildfire amongst her supporters about her bad behavior.

Update 3: Clinton will not get the VP spot. They were too afraid of what Bill has been up to over the last 8 years and the Clinton's refuse to release his financial records. But now, due to her behavior last night, it's done.

The Clintons are pathetic, self-absorbed narcissistic individuals. I'm just looking at the both of them in disgust as I have been since February, and I have absolutely no respecct for Hillary or Bill because they have shown their true colors as the assh*les they are.

All the major news networks are saying Clinton will concede at an event on Friday. Apparently 23 members of congress gave her an ultimatum. I'll believe it when I see it. Friday can't come soon enough.

Wow, the Clinton campaign has released a statement saying she'll concede Friday. I definitely didn't expect this.

what the hell is the point of waiting until the end of the week to "officially" suspend the campaign? seriously... she's announced that she will concede, just do it. have a big rally on saturday for obama, concede now.

many top officials, included jimmy carter, are saying that obama should absolutely not pick clinton as running mate.

^^^^I hope Barack listens to Jimmy Carter, a former president, highly respected stateman, Nobel Prize winner and citizen of the world..I'm pleased that President Carter has spoken strongly against putting Sen. Clinton on the ticket.

Even though I am of limited income, I have planned on making a small contribution to Obama's campaign. However, if he puts Sen. Clinton on the ticket I will absolutely not contribute. No way would I do anything to further the political shenanigans of the Clintons.

Hillary called in a lot of favors during this campaign... I believe the only reason she's still in it is because of some behind-the-scenes obligation to finish out these last few primaries. No telling what is actually motivating her timetable at this point, as we will likely never know about the majority of her backdoor maneuvering these past few weeks.

This has really been amazing, and not in a good way. At least we've all now seen what the Clintons are really like. I guess it took this bizarre run of events for that to happen. I was a supporter of her (and a fan of Bill ever since he was in office). My support has eroded to the point of now going the complete other way -- what a dissappointment. This past couple of days is been absurd. There is no reason for all of this drama and for dragging out what everyone knows is going to occur.

I would be shocked if Obama selected her as VP and that has only been a change of my opinion since Tuesday night. Up to that point I still would have thought it a good idea. Can she really be that blind to what her actions would do and how they would appear? Concede loss, people do it all the time. It is part of every contest if you ain't the winner...

To her credit, Clinton's concession speech was good today. She threw her support behind Obama, and urged her supporters to do the same. She also spoke of the historic nature of this race. I found it odd, though, that she didn't draw a contrast between McCain and Obama. As a matter of fact, she didn't mention McCain at all. I have a nagging suspicion that she wouldn't mind McCain picking up some of the bitter female vote that would put him over the top in November so that she would have another go at it in 2012.

To her credit, Clinton's concession speech was good today. She threw her support behind Obama, and urged her supporters to do the same. She also spoke of the historic nature of this race. I found it odd, though, that she didn't draw a contrast between McCain and Obama. As a matter of fact, she didn't mention McCain at all. I have a nagging suspicion that she wouldn't mind McCain picking up some of the bitter female vote that would put him over the top in November so that she would have another go at it in 2012.

Archived