Hartford less dangerous than Orlando?

grock

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time I was in Orlando, it got overblown. There were only 50 murders in the city that year, and it was made out on the TV and in the Sentinel that certain neighborhoods were war zones and someone got bodied every night. Continual state of fear, continual state of violence. It sounded like Baltimore, and that wasn't exactly the truth. There wasn't a city wide crime wave, and there weren't several murders every night.

Last time I was in Orlando, it got overblown. There were only 50 murders in the city that year, and it was made out on the TV and in the Sentinel that certain neighborhoods were war zones and someone got bodied every night. Continual state of fear, continual state of violence. It sounded like Baltimore, and that wasn't exactly the truth. There wasn't a city wide crime wave, and there weren't several murders every night.

Orlando proper is something near double the population of Hartford proper though, IIRC.

I think the problem is, when several murders fall in a quick span, people think there's a major problem. That the city is unsafe and a battleground. And there's outcry. And when that finally dies out, another couple come along and bring it back into the focus.

Violence just seems to stick in people's minds. I was watching the News at 10 on 61 a couple nights ago, the top story was that triple murder Cheshire ... again.

Orlando proper is something near double the population of Hartford proper though, IIRC.

I think the problem is, when several murders fall in a quick span, people think there's a major problem. That the city is unsafe and a battleground. And there's outcry. And when that finally dies out, another couple come along and bring it back into the focus.

Violence just seems to stick in people's minds. I was watching the News at 10 on 61 a couple nights ago, the top story was that triple murder Cheshire ... again.

Archived