Chattanooga Water Park

flith

Developers have been given the ok to begin planning the 5707 Ringgold Road development. The 14 acre development will me named Splash Valley, and contain a water roller coaster, a massive wave pool capable of allowing surfing, a 1,000-foot lazy river, a large kids

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you think about $12m and what that means to a water park it really isn't that much. Since a water park has been discussed for awhile for the Chattanooga area this is thought to something that can 'test the waters' before having something larger built. Either way, a great great get for the city of East Ridge. They definitely need the taxes.

If you think about $12m and what that means to a water park it really isn't that much. Since a water park has been discussed for awhile for the Chattanooga area this is thought to something that can 'test the waters' before having something larger built. Either way, a great great get for the city of East Ridge. They definitely need the taxes.

Developers have been given the ok to begin planning the 5707 Ringgold Road development. The 14 acre development will me named Splash Valley, and contain a water roller coaster, a massive wave pool capable of allowing surfing, a 1,000-foot lazy river, a large kids

• 2 months later...

It made it the upper 60's today here in Chattanooga, and that made me think of summertime activities. This things only about three months away, and I'm really looking forward to it. Oh, by the way groundbreaking for this project took place on February 1st, and they're still anticipating a May opening. There will be from 18 to 20 rides. Here's an article on the groundbreaking:

Splash Valley Groundbreaking

• 2 months later...

Delays in getting permits has postponed the opening date. The company contracted to build it went to work on another project while the permits were pending. They will begin work once the park in Florida is finished.

• 4 weeks later...
I went by the site a few weeks ago and saw no sign of construction. This explains why. It's disappointing about the delay. It's starting to really warm up around here, and the thought of having a waterpark nearby is really appealing. Oh well. Hopefully the extra wait will be worth it.

• 6 months later...

Archived