Monroe water treatment plant condos

jthrasher

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I moved into one of the apt (they are apartments, not condos - for now) in late July. It's amazing, we love it. Our place is about 1,500 sqft with a main floor and loft, full bath up and down. Master bath has a walk-in tiled shower. Large in-unit laundry/storage room also. We have the only apt with wood floors, the other 3 are carpeted (no idea why they would carpet them...). The ceilings are vaulted with the lower end being about 16-18ft and the high end being about 25-30ft all with exposed steel framing that's been painted black. The very best part is all the natural light. We have 18 windows plus a very large picture window unique to our unit.

The tower is being renovated into one very large (prob. 2500sq ft) apt. It will be 2 floors with a cutaway loft. I've ventured up there a couple times and am curious to see how it will be done, the space is very akward because of a large brick supporting wall in the center and the massive gears and shaft for the freight elevator. There's also a 30+ft spiral staircase being built up from the second floor for a secondary, non elevator entry to the apt. I believe the apt is already spoken for btw.

PM me if you really want to see a couple pics of my place, I don't want to post them for whoever to see.

I moved into one of the apt (they are apartments, not condos - for now) in late July. It's amazing, we love it. Our place is about 1,500 sqft with a main floor and loft, full bath up and down. Master bath has a walk-in tiled shower. Large in-unit laundry/storage room also. We have the only apt with wood floors, the other 3 are carpeted (no idea why they would carpet them...). The ceilings are vaulted with the lower end being about 16-18ft and the high end being about 25-30ft all with exposed steel framing that's been painted black. The very best part is all the natural light. We have 18 windows plus a very large picture window unique to our unit.

The tower is being renovated into one very large (prob. 2500sq ft) apt. It will be 2 floors with a cutaway loft. I've ventured up there a couple times and am curious to see how it will be done, the space is very akward because of a large brick supporting wall in the center and the massive gears and shaft for the freight elevator. There's also a 30+ft spiral staircase being built up from the second floor for a secondary, non elevator entry to the apt. I believe the apt is already spoken for btw.

PM me if you really want to see a couple pics of my place, I don't want to post them for whoever to see.

I just got back from touring the north round tower. It's got serious potential to be a very cool space but it obviously needs some work. Windows would need to be added, but that would take time because it would have to be approved by the historic society.

The north tower must be different from the south tower because it was completely open and there wasn't a supporting wall in the middle at all. Also, I was told the towers were only going to be used as commercial space.

Lots of potential, but it seems like a huge hassle to get it to how I'd want it. and more money than what I'm wanting to spend.

and the search goes on....

I was just thinking that round tower could make for a pretty cool club. Have the bar in a circle with patrons in the middle, and have some steel porches arranged up the sides of the walls randomly with spiral staircases leading to them (ala Vision in Chicago) with a DJ raised highest of all above the centre of the room. Unfortunately in its location, I don't think it would succeed as such.

I was just thinking that round tower could make for a pretty cool club. Have the bar in a circle with patrons in the middle, and have some steel porches arranged up the sides of the walls randomly with spiral staircases leading to them (ala Vision in Chicago) with a DJ raised highest of all above the centre of the room. Unfortunately in its location, I don't think it would succeed as such.

I think you must be referring to the silo's rather than the tower. The tower is the very tall part of the main building - it looks like a castle tower, but rectangular. There is only one and that's the one they are turning into an apartment. They are planning to renovate the silo's at some point but I don't know anything about that.

As far as continuing your search you should look into the work/live apt at the current loose leaf lofts renovation. There is a thread on the UP about it with pictures and floorplans. prices for the penthouses I think will only be about $1,200/mo but I'm not sure on sq. footage. I did A LOT of searching for apt's before I found the place here on Monroe. There just aren't many large (1,300sq ft+) open loft style apartments in town.

Archived