Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cotuit

2nd Annual UP|PVD Holiday Party

71 posts in this topic

UP_Holiday_2007_3.png

The 2nd Annual UP{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}Providence Holiday Party is scheduled for Thursday, December 13, 2007. 5:30pm until whenever we leave at MoJoe's Bar & Grill, 166 Broadway on the West Side of Providence.

icon_bus.pngRIPTA 27 or 28 to Broadway and Dean Street.

^ We have a confirmed location and time now! :alc:

is mojoe's back open with full kitchen now?

what are the door prizes this year?

image001.gifToy Drive

Rhode Island Hospital is collecting toys this year. Everyone who can, is encouraged to bring a toy to the UP{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}PVD Holiday Party, they will be delivered to the toy drive. Gifts should be wrapped and marked as for ages 6 months to 12 years and if they are for a boy or a girl. If you cannot wrap your gift, jencoleslaw has volunteered to do the wrapping.

The drive supports the following charities:

• The Annual Sickle Cell Christmas Party 12/2/07

• St Teresa's Church

• RI Battered Women

• First Baptist Church

• Mayors Toy drive - Fall River

• The US Marine Corps Toys for Tots

Had there not been snow in the forecast, I would have considered coming out. But since the snow might arrive around the time this starts... and it's 35 miles from here to PVD... perhaps not now.

Perhaps door prizes will be bread and milk

Blizzard78.jpg

Providence Journal file photo

I'm going to make an executive decision here and cancel this event. It is supposed to be snowing around 2 inches an hour at rush hour and I'd rather people get home safe than try to make an appearance here. We'll work on rescheduling for sometime in January.

Everyone get your bread and milk and get home safe!

Good. I want to go, but considering they are al;ready pl;anning on closing schools up here starting at noon, I didn't think I would make it tonight.

Good. I want to go, but considering they are al;ready pl;anning on closing schools up here starting at noon, I didn't think I would make it tonight.

Blizzard78.jpg

Providence Journal file photo

I'm going to make an executive decision here and cancel this event. It is supposed to be snowing around 2 inches an hour at rush hour and I'd rather people get home safe than try to make an appearance here. We'll work on rescheduling for sometime in January.

Everyone get your bread and milk and get home safe!

Rescheduling the event is ok with me. The weather was terrible out there and it made for a complicatd and stressful day.

Looking forward to attending my first UP PVD meeting.

Good call, Cotuit.

Holy cow!!! Cotuit, is that an actual pic from yesterday!???

Ok, looks like the blizzard of '78, the day I called in sick to work because I was hung over.

I haven't forgotten about rescheduling this, I'm tentatively looking at February 13th right now.

I haven't forgotten about rescheduling this, I'm tentatively looking at February 13th right now.