Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

SNOW!

23 posts in this topic

I was just out running errands (and get some pics) and the roads are bad. If you have to drive during lunch hour, go slow! :o In some areas on the Beltline, it was a complete white-out. I didn't even know we were supposed to get snow today. :dontknow:

web_loop_radar1.jpg

2074188968_35af15bba4.jpg

Yeah I had a slippery experience today on the way to the vet to get my dog back - I took him in around 8am this morning and it wasn't too bad but I got him at 1130 and I could hardly see down the road - pretty much what your picture looks like.

Definitely be careful out there folks.

The snow is supposed to be over in the afternoon and they're calling for some sunshine - I did get a peek of it for about 10 minutes until the next band of snow came in.

Wait till the storm this weekend - sounds like a doozy.

The surface roads are not too bad as of 9:30 this morning. Just watch for some black ice here and there.

Dad - I'm sure you knew I'd have to chime in on this! I loved the fall color pics and I love to see snow also. Soooo, if you have a weekend blizzard, more please!

But, do all be careful of that black ice mentioned. When I was 16, I thought I was driving in drizzling rain. Well, it all of a sudden it was ice and there I was hitting the car in front of me, totaling my dad's company car.

I was just out running errands (and get some pics) and the roads are bad. If you have to drive during lunch hour, go slow! :o In some areas on the Beltline, it was a complete white-out. I didn't even know we were supposed to get snow today. ...

2074188968_35af15bba4.jpg

Dad - I'm sure you knew I'd have to chime in on this! I loved the fall color pics and I love to see snow also. Soooo, if you have a weekend blizzard, more please!

But, do all be careful of that black ice mentioned. When I was 16, I thought I was driving in drizzling rain. Well, it all of a sudden it was ice and there I was hitting the car in front of me, totaling my dad's company car.

So you go out and take pics while driving!! Hah!!!

So I guess roads are way worse this morning - the traffic reporters on both stations are telling ppl that they need to really slow down.

I tell ya what - I'm going to Meijer tomorrow morning, and then I'm hibernating at home the rest of the weekend :lol:

Greattt...I was sick all last weekend and never had the opportunity to rake all the leaves in my backyard!!

I still think we'll lose our snow cover before it stays for good...i hope.

Greattt...I was sick all last weekend and never had the opportunity to rake all the leaves in my backyard!!

I think you're right jd. But not before we get whopped with 3 - 6 more inches Saturday night, followed by a nice topping of rain/sleet mix. :o Some schools are on delay this morning, and I-96 is apparently down to 25mph near Lowell and Ionia.

Yeah...I heard that too.

At least I can take this weekend off and not rake leaves :rolleyes:

Next weekend might be a messy clean up if the snow melts by then.

No kidding. I still have leaves to rake up too. If you leave them under the snow too long, they can give your lawn nice patches of "snow mold" in the Spring (I know from experience).

I'll just let the RAPID worry about that for me. =]

~leans back and relaxes whilst reading a book~

This morning while plowing I had a new experience. There was so much ice on a customers driveway that I could not get my truck up the drive. I had to salt the driveway first and then come back an hour later to plow it. That was a bunch if ice!

Snow mold can happen whether leaves are present or not.

Snow mold is more a result of over fertilization with a high nitrogen number in the fall than anything else (in a residential setting).

Grand Rapids has been wiped off the radar! :o (as of 3:24 PM Saturday):

web_live_radar_orangeville.jpg

http://www.woodtv.com/

I'm curious to see how things look tonight and tomorrow morning. No snowfall out the windows right now...

I'm curious to see how things look tonight and tomorrow morning. No snowfall out the windows right now...

Here are some pics in Greenville from the snow blast we received back on Friday

2086484593_832556a8da.jpg

2087268466_6e1774bac6.jpg

2086484799_9bcce0841b.jpg

2086484841_3b79660863.jpg

And my dog having fun while I was taking pics - it was snowing so hard that it kept landing on my lens and making the pics blurry

2086484915_3aee062007.jpg

And this shows just how hard it was falling

2087268704_540ea69b58.jpg

Thank you - My online peeps always laugh at me and don't think that I actually live IN the city because I have like hardly any neighbors and surrounded by trees...but indeed folks, I am in the city.

It'll be nicer when they finally tear down Electrolux across the river here because the noise is driving me crazy (yet I'm used to it)

Maybe I'll try to snap some photos

So it looks like we have a wintry mess coming the next few days here...

Just checked NOAA - they're kinda downplaying the "significant snow" we were supposed to get tonight - now they're saying just a couple of inches

But they indicated that a "significant" snowfall could take place Tuesday and possibly Wednesday.

Looks like we're in for a rough start to the driving week.

They also said Sleet and Snow tonight so roads will be icy folks!