Stalled Projects Roundup

wolverine

Looks like the Arlington Shops have stalled on Washtenaw Ave because one of the developers died

Upland Green, which is nearly finished has halted as well,

http://arborupdate.com/article/1573/whats-...d-green#comment

Demolition work was done over the summer at Glen Ann, but no work has progressed. Their fence was knocked down yesterday as well.

The Gallery site still has a heavily damaged church, no work progressed other than stripping important details off the building, and letting the site look like a mess.

Kingsley Lane returned from an excavated site to a grass site. Construction fence is gone, currently a grass lot.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

That is a shame since it is so close to being completed or at least the outside. I imagine that the weather is not going to be kind if they leave it for the entire winter. Unfortunately I did not get a good look at it when I drove past there tonight since it took all of my concentration to keep the road on the car as the snow blew all over the road.

• 9 months later...

Good find. I was wondering about that the other day.

BTW, Upland Green is now completed. A Panera has opened on the ground floor. I'm really happy with Upland Green, and I hope to see more projects like it within close proximity to North Campus. With that new mega-student housing development nearby, it makes perfect sense to densify

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been meaning to ask if anyone knows what is going on with the Tierra on Ashley, the ultra-green building proposed for 200 Ashley? To me, this is easily one of the most exciting landmark proposals for anywhere in Michigan. Last I heard they were preparing for a May construction start, but I haven't heard a thing since.

Archived