Music City Mojo: My Photo Tour of Nashville

ariesjow

These are personal pictures I've taken around the core of Nashville throughout the course of the past week. There's so much happening on every corner that it's been hard to keep track. So, this week, I found a little bit of time to make my rounds around the city to capture the progress. I'll try to make my way to other neighborhoods soon.

IMG_1231.jpg

Downtown Nashville from the Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge.

IMG_1233.jpg

Freshly completed Suntrust Plaza adding some nice infill.

IMG_1234.jpg

First Avenue, Riverfront Park and the Davidson County Courthouse buildings.

IMG_1229.jpg

A look down First Avenue to the new Courthouse.

IMG_1226.jpg

A look down Second Avenue to the old Courthouse.

IMG_1228.jpg

LP Field, home of the Tennessee Titans, and Ghost Ballet, Nashville's newest public art addition.

IMG_1230.jpg

Nashville's new skyline emerging: Encore condos towering over SoBro while construction of ICON and Terrazzo condo towers rise over the Gulch in the background.

IMG_1223.jpg

More Encore.

IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

TheCrown.jpg

The Pinnacle construction site. This one will really make an impact in the skyline and be absolutely striking from the Shelby Street Bridge.

IMG_1242.jpg

Batman looms over Broadway with its' new AT&T signs almost complete.

IMG_1222.jpg

Peekaboo: Schermerhorn Symphony Center and Encore Condos.

IMG_1235.jpg

Nashville's Union Station which is now a hotel.

IMG_1236.jpg

The Gulch skyline developing: ICON rising to the left and the Terrazzo crane to the right.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Lexy. I'm a fraction of the photographer that you are but I really thought taking some pics was the perfect excuse for seeing what's going on around town. I must say, I'm extremely happy with some of the ways our city is moving. There tons of areas ripe for improvement but the metro seems constantly buzzing with activity and it's very refreshing.

I want to try to get around to more of Germantown, East Nashville, 12South and some other areas over the next few weeks.

Thanks, Lexy. I'm a fraction of the photographer that you are but I really thought taking some pics was the perfect excuse for seeing what's going on around town. I must say, I'm extremely happy with some of the ways our city is moving. There tons of areas ripe for improvement but the metro seems constantly buzzing with activity and it's very refreshing.

I want to try to get around to more of Germantown, East Nashville, 12South and some other areas over the next few weeks.

A great collection of pics ariesjow. You really showed off the city's neighborhoods and developments with this very solid picture thread. Thanks for taking the time to put it together and sharing it with us!

I personally enjoyed getting to see several developments I have not had to see in person. The pic of the Adelicia was a treat, as was getting to see the new AT&T signage.

Off-topic: Is that the final look of the AT&T signage?

Wonderful collection of pics around Nashville. It is amazing to see how much development is taking place in the North Capitol District area. This area has taken off much faster than I ever dreamed. I had always thought SoBro would be developed faster, but now I'm not sure.

Great stuff, aj. Everybody appreciates photos, especially those of us who know how what an effort it can be to get everything uploaded. It truly is amazing what's going on around here and you captured a great piece of it. Amazingly, there's so much more that just can't be covered in one thread, so we'll all look forward to much more. I feel a bit more inspired to get the camera out now. You and Lexy tend to capture the actual "looks" of the areas as though we were standing there with you.

Had to chuckle at the last pic in your series. I was driving my mom around one day and she pointed out the large old brick house with the turret. "Your grandfather used to own that house." I just remember in my best my spontaneous outburst, "What! You mean Poppaw owned that house and I don't LIVE IN IT!" Oh well, I'm sure it was a whole different world over there way back when. I probably wouldn't have lived it then, no matter what. My, how times and attitudes change. The place sure looks good.

Thanks again for all the photos, great stuff.

Archived