West End Park The last 5 years

smeagolsfree

I wanted to give everyone a sense of what has happened in the West End park area over the past 5 years. I have a collection of photos and renderings for you. I may have missed a few of the newer buildings in the area but I think I have most of them. This is the first in a series of neighborhood threads for your enjoyment.

I wanted to show what happens to a neighborhood once development starts. I think the West End park area has changed more than any other in town

The first is of a sign that is scattered throughout the area and in a way is sort of funny because the second is more in line with the current status of the area.

I did not include many names here because it is not important to the overall trend that is happening.

IMG_4765.jpg

IMG_4795.jpg

IMG_4769.jpg

IMG_4770.jpg

IMG_4816.jpg

IMG_4818.jpg

IMG_4820.jpg

IMG_4821.jpg

IMG_4808.jpg

IMG_4809.jpg

IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

IMG_4780.jpg

IMG_4781.jpg

IMG_4782.jpg

IMG_4783.jpg

IMG_4784.jpg

IMG_4786.jpg

IMG_4788.jpg

IMG_4791.jpg

IMG_4792.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I agree 100%. Some of the developments are much better than others however there is nothing we can do about it now. The UDO ammendment is up for final reading this month for this area. I have not done much research to see what that involves.

The fact now is that the area is changed forever and maybe we can keep from making many of the same mistakes in other areas of town.

Oh I agree 100%. Some of the developments are much better than others however there is nothing we can do about it now. The UDO ammendment is up for final reading this month for this area. I have not done much research to see what that involves.

The fact now is that the area is changed forever and maybe we can keep from making many of the same mistakes in other areas of town.

I hate to be one that is always negative...but many of these are pretty ugly. They look like public housing projects. The repetitive facades on a couple of those just scream "I have no imagination". Thank goodnes for ICON, 5th and Main, Terrazzo, Encore, and hopefully Griffin Plaza and Siggy.

Even projects more in scale with these, like Row 8.9 in Germantown are very nice, have enough repetition for flow, but are different enough that you don't have to count doors to be sure you are at the correct one.

I'm hoping there will be some sort of design review for aesthetics in the future.

Thanks Ron for posting all this great shots of West End Park. As always, your contribution to the forum is thorough and greatly appreciated. The majority of these projects are excellent, but there are some "duds". This is a high rent district and I would have to agree that a few of them are below expectations for the area. Having said that, it's great to see the density of the area growing, and more people living in Nashville inside I-440. That's a good thing.

Archived