Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fsubelch

Good Christmas Decorations in Town?

24 posts in this topic

I am a big fan of the houses that go all out for Christmas will all the lights and such. Any good neighborhoods or houses around the area to go check out?

If you go to www.tdo.com and look about halfway down on the right side, you can hit the "tour of lights" button. They list quite a few houses/local areas that are particularly good.

I suppose I'm going to get the camera charged up for a few pictures this weekend. I do need to find the hot-spots for pictures beyond what we've seen every year at Oven Park and a few churches. If you all know of any really cool neighborhoods where homes are beautifully lit, please fill us in! :D

Best overall neighborhood IMHO is Huntingdon Woods (I believe that's the name??) It's just west of Old Bainbridge on the North side of Fred George. Almost every house in the neighborhood decorates like crazy. In the past on weekends they've had carriage rides through the neighborhood and people dressed up like Mr. and Mrs. Claus to greet you as you enter the 'hood. The also ask that you dim your lights when you travel the neighborhood so the effect will be much better.

If I could go to one and only one place to see Holiday lights, this would be the place in Tally.

Best overall neighborhood IMHO is Huntingdon Woods (I believe that's the name??) It's just west of Old Bainbridge on the North side of Fred George. Almost every house in the neighborhood decorates like crazy. In the past on weekends they've had carriage rides through the neighborhood and people dressed up like Mr. and Mrs. Claus to greet you as you enter the 'hood. The also ask that you dim your lights when you travel the neighborhood so the effect will be much better.

If I could go to one and only one place to see Holiday lights, this would be the place in Tally.

I just want to say I'm so blessed to work in an office where the people have so much Holiday Spirit! There are Christmas trees on every floor, lights, decorations, cookies nearly everyday, today we're having a Holiday luncheon, and there's Christmas music of all types coming out individual offices, I even have a little going in mine! What a great place to work when the Chrismas Cheer is in the air!!

:fun:

See, in my office, when someone has really gone out of their way to put up large displays and lights and a tree and all it means they don't have enough actual work to do.

Dear people in my office with no life: quit asking me for money. I do not want to put in for food for a lunch I won't attend. I do not intend to help pay for your office tree. I do not want to buy a round of breakfast that I don't want to eat.

(Okay, so I put in for the family we "adopted" - poor kids deserve presents, too.)

I'm all for anyone decorating their homes and so on with whatever lights and bells and whistles they want - it adds cheer to the air, and I'm not even Christian. But please, I don't need to hear the dog bark version of Jingle Bells here at the office ever again.

I'm all for anyone decorating their homes and so on with whatever lights and bells and whistles they want - it adds cheer to the air, and I'm not even Christian. But please, I don't need to hear the dog bark version of Jingle Bells here at the office ever again.

^Please no Grandma got run over by a reindeer..........or even worse that horrible horrible Christmas Shoes song.....UGH!

^Please no Grandma got run over by a reindeer..........or even worse that horrible horrible Christmas Shoes song.....UGH!

Oh FL say it ain't true! :sick:

My favorite modern Christmas song is Fairytale in New York by The Pogues and Kristy MacColl (R.I.P.)

Don't make me break out the Roches' Christmas album. I've chased away roommates and small dogs with that one.

poonther: I should think that would go without saying. Start that one up in a full room when everyone's had a few, not a dry eye to be found.

poonther: I should think that would go without saying. Start that one up in a full room when everyone's had a few, not a dry eye to be found.

Ah FL's Christmas present to me is that I don't have to be office mate during the holidays. :P

Somehow FL, I thought you might ask this question:

Fairytale of New York

You and your Hard Candy Christmas Shoes will hate it.

I've also got a GREAT set of Hall & Oates, and Randy Travis Christmas albums.

Apparently not w/Christmas music. :)

My other favorite holiday tunes are:

Backdoor Santa by Clarence Carter

Santa Goes Straight to the Ghetto by James Brown

and

Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses

I'm doing all my shopping Saturday. I'm going to the flea market, that consignment store in Railroad, a bookstore (Paperback Rack, probably), and a toy store. That should cover everybody.

I wish I could think like you... I purchased all of my gifts from national retailers not hometown stores. -_-

Coal in the stocking for you, Florida. I only buy from national retailers if there is something very specific someone wants that can't be found locally.

Coal in the stocking for you, Florida. I only buy from national retailers if there is something very specific someone wants that can't be found locally.