Move to Midtown!

Veloise

Would like to get some more warm bodies on my little street, preferably of the variety that don't get locked out and pound on the door at 4 am. (I'm still hurting from Saturday's wake-up call across the street.)

My street has 20 houses on it, and perhaps half are vacant and available. There are for rent signs on at least three, along with several foreclosure signs. (Regrettably, my second-choice house was purchased by someone who's already put it up for rent. They fixed it up quite a bit...but no one's in it.) I think I counted three owners besides me. (The fellow next door started fixing up his place while mine was coming up, and down the street is an avid gardener with some incredible plantings.)

As the real estate signs say, "a great time to buy!" You can walk to Green Life and the farmer's market, and get a close-up view of the cemetery wall recon.

Nothing in this for me (no forum rules violations, information only). I can lend a snow shovel. PMs welcome!

edit for accuracy, saw another rent sign this morning

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently applying to Morton House.. my current income qualifies I believe and I jsut absolutely love that building. On the inside after the doors it's like stepping into a stripped lobby straight out of the early 1900's, 3 old elevators to the right and a high plaster ceiling. Almost reminds me of the Congress Theater in Chicago but with less colour.

But if that doesn't work out, I may have to give Midtown a shot.

Veloise,

In my experience, homes on narrower streets tend to have lower prices/rents. Midtown is littered with these types of streets. However, I think that your area, adjacent to the Farmer's Market/E Fulton Businesses, has such great potential for a cool neighborhood. That area, in my opinion, is a great place to live if you desire the combination of a cool/convenient area and inexpensive living costs. That's why I'm excited for this Brickyaat redevelopment talk that's going on. Good luck finding a neighbor!

Currently applying to Morton House.. my current income qualifies I believe and I jsut absolutely love that building. On the inside after the doors it's like stepping into a stripped lobby straight out of the early 1900's, 3 old elevators to the right and a high plaster ceiling. Almost reminds me of the Congress Theater in Chicago but with less colour.

But if that doesn't work out, I may have to give Midtown a shot.

• 9 months later...
Veloise,

In my experience, homes on narrower streets tend to have lower prices/rents. Midtown is littered with these types of streets. However, I think that your area, adjacent to the Farmer's Market/E Fulton Businesses, has such great potential for a cool neighborhood. That area, in my opinion, is a great place to live if you desire the combination of a cool/convenient area and inexpensive living costs. That's why I'm excited for this Brickyaat redevelopment talk that's going on. Good luck finding a neighbor!

Archived