Fuddruckers

mgsports

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, Hurricane's in MetroWest has great wings with something like 20 different sauces you can get on the side. And I'm not really a wing person. Their ambience is odd, but check it out if you're ever over there.

And of course, this isn't related to burgers -- more like fast food, in general. Specifically, chicken. When the hell are we going to get Bojangle's back in Orlando?!

I will quote myself from earlier in the thread...

"Then, there's always Johnny's Filling Station and the buns that seem to be dunked in butter. Thus proving, again, that anything tastes better with a stick of butter in it. "

Good stuff.

Doesn't it seem like most places who's signature item is wings end up having bad wings?

Take Buffalo Wild Wings. Damn, they have some of the best sauces. My wife and I are addicted to the Mango-Habanero sauce. But the wings are the puniest little things I've ever seen. 12 of their wings are like 4 at normal sportsbars. Their service is always horrible and the wings cost more, too. If it wasn't for the sauces, I would never eat there. The place really sucks, but damn those sauces are good. Damn, Damn, Damn!!!

Do they sell their sauces in bottles? If so, buy a couple of bottles then get some decent wings at the grocery store, grill 'em or broil them in the oven (much juicier than frying) and put the bottled sauce on 'em.

Frankly, the best method for wings is to grill them on a wood-burning grill THEN put the sauce on 'em. The flavor is outstanding but most places would rather fry 'em up first (with or without batter) which makes 'em exceedingly greasy for my tastes and in many cases, woefully overcooked. Around Tallahassee there have been few restaurants that prepare wings in the manner I prefer.

And more restaurants seem to be carrying dwarf chicken wings to try to maximize profit I guess. I want those huge mutant chicken wings!

He's got that huge slab of property over in Jefferson County.

• 4 months later...

Fudruckers is disgusting. I had food poisoning there way back in the late 80's and got brave and went back 15 years later only to receive a "green" burger; the manager just looked at it and threw it away without even apoligizing. I see that no construction is happening where Jungle Jim's was located, so hopefully that means that Fudruckers have decided not to set up shop there.

Btw: What ever happened to Jungle Jim's anyway? It was doing booming business and then all of a sudden it closed.

It would be nice to see another restaurant that isn't a major chain or at least a chain that hasn't been built in Orlando like In n Out burger.

Fuddruckers is good chain for Hamburgers and so is Red Robin-Georgia is the closet to get to one and Five Famous Guys Hamburgers and Fries in Uptown Altamonte.

Sonic,Taco Buneo,Quzino's Subs,Famous Daves,Granite City,On the Boader,O'Charley's and so on would be good here.

Archived