Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flowers

Lionstone Development

154 posts in this topic

if palmer is indeed planning to spec 350-450 thousand sf of office without a lead tenant signed i wonder how, if at all, the prospect of all this new space might influence lionstone's plans. it's been about 6 months since the w hotel deal here fell apart and these guys announced that swenson and colliers would design, lease and occupy a 300k sf office building. not much news since. anybody know if they have been able to attract any new tenants ?

I thought since lionstone had a tenant, that it was a done deal. This would be bad news for WES, but I'm still happy with any development in the downtown area.

I believe that thing holding up the Lionstone project is the hotel backing out. Right?

All I know is that the job is happening (office building). Don't know anything about the hotel.

Word has it that the office portion may break ground around June as they already have a major tenant. I have my doubts about the residentail portion at this time. Who knows, the market may get back to normal before 09 but I dont see that happening.

Is the office portion going to be about 12 floors? That the height I seem to remember hearing. Any renderings?

I'm betting a rendering will be released to press in the coming weeks.

I love this development because I really want to see downtown Nashville connect to the gulch and then on to Music Row and West End. Now let's top this urban city with Signature Tower and wow.

Richard,

I saw a news brief in the Tennessean that a subsidary of Lionstone bought some property off, I think Charlotte. I may be wrong about the location. Can you shed any light that on that. This may have been an industrial property. I saw it inthe print addition but not the online addition.

They bought the old Horace Small warehouse at 28th & Charlotte (SE corner). It's a 9.44 acre site and they paid around $5 million for it. No plans as of yet, from what I hear through my little vine of grapes.

Thanks for the info. That side of town does have a lot of development potential.

I see Nashville as continuing to draw developers and investment opportunities over the next year or so. I also see those same developers sitting on the properties for a while to see what happens with the economy. Either way it

This is my first time hearing about this project. Could someone tell me the location of this project and how tall the office building will be?

Thanks.

This is right onthe corner of Demonbreun and Division @ the Round-About plaza. Point of reference would be the area where the old Shoneys was. Lionstone bought this property for about 9 million. The master plan includes an office building probably in the 8 to 12 story range, 250,000 sq ft. Also included in phases would be a parking structure, hotel and condo. The main office tenant will be Earl Swensson and Associates

Here is the site plan

Lionstone1515DemonbreunSitePlan.jpg

This is my first time hearing about this project. Could someone tell me the location of this project and how tall the office building will be?

Thanks.

This is right onthe corner of Demonbreun and Division @ the Round-About plaza. Point of reference would be the area where the old Shoneys was. Lionstone bought this property for about 9 million. The master plan includes an office building probably in the 8 to 12 story range, 250,000 sq ft. Also included in phases would be a parking structure, hotel and condo. The main office tenant will be Earl Swensson and Associates

Here is the site plan

Lionstone1515DemonbreunSitePlan.jpg

^ Yes, that is correct. I dont know what brand of hotel they are planning now, but it will be down the road. I guess this project will be strung out. I dont think that was the original intent but the current stat of the economy has played a role I believe.

I hate how it really doesn't address Division for most of the development....I think it has a great future as a connector to the Gulch, and shoving blank space and parking decks on it won't move it forward.

I hate how it really doesn't address Division for most of the development....I think it has a great future as a connector to the Gulch, and shoving blank space and parking decks on it won't move it forward.

I agree. I do like the looks of the rendering though. I just think they need to shuffle a few of the components around. If they moved that small chunk of retail to the corner and/or added ground floor retail to the parking decks, it could work out okay I think.

One thing to remember is this is just the site plan and not the rendering. Earl Swensson has guarded the rendering of the office building closely but someone who has see it says it looks great. We dont know what kind of street level retail is planned for the Division st. side yet. But I do agree if they do not address Division street and just have a wall there, I will be very disappointed. I would hope the will address the issue. My gut tells me that it will be OK.

One thing to remember is this is just the site plan and not the rendering. Earl Swensson has guarded the rendering of the office building closely but someone who has see it says it looks great. We dont know what kind of street level retail is planned for the Division st. side yet. But I do agree if they do not address Division street and just have a wall there, I will be very disappointed. I would hope the will address the issue. My gut tells me that it will be OK.

I think we can expect this to look like any other ESa product... a prestressed concrete hospital. :sick: