Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ab1137

Development on HWY 81

9 posts in this topic

I noticed last week that land was being cleared on HWY 81 at Rantowles Rd, near Sonic and the old Winn-Dixie shopping center which is being renovated, and as of this week a sign indicating lease opportunities. Does anyone have a clue what this might be?

Thanks

I have no idea. But I did read that White-Jones Hardware is looking on 81 for another location. I would think they would be looking much further out though.

Yeah, I read about that on AIM but I believe it was much further north on 81, outside of city limits. I noticed a permit board on-site yesterday, now I'm tempted to stop and look at it but there is no telling if the provided information will be helpful.

Wait staff restaurants possibly like Applebee's/Ruby Tuesday? That is a perfect location for such a restaurant with the renovation of Windsor Place and higher density residences going up.

Can anyone tell me about the Ausie Dans pizza shop that is now vacant and for sale? My dad and I drove down today from Simpsonville and Greer and it was both of our first times in Anderson. We were very impressed/suprised with the growth. Thanks

Not many pizza shops are located on East Greenville Street. Frodo's Pizza is located in Anderson Pavilion, adjacent to Publix. Its high quality and excellent dine-in atmosphere unrivalsed any competition.

BD,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, much appreciated. I was very vague in my post and I apologize. Ausie Dans was a drive-thru pizza place (yes, it is weird) it's now vacant, out of business and for sale and my dad and I were curious. It's on 81 more towards 85 but not as far up as the highschool. By the way, a Frodos is about 5 minutes from my house in Greer and it's by far the worst pizza that I've ever had. lol I guess it depends on each spot. :dontknow:

Drive through pizza shops is a dying concept, similar to the non-dine in Pizza Hut carryout/delivery locations. Pizza Hut is looking at opening two dine in locations in Anderson, one being on East Greenville Street.

I noticed last week that land was being cleared on HWY 81 at Rantowles Rd, near Sonic and the old Winn-Dixie shopping center which is being renovated, and as of this week a sign indicating lease opportunities. Does anyone have a clue what this might be?