Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xxxtobymac

pirates 8th in net profits

3 posts in this topic

How is it that the pirates are making a profit when the have no vialble product. with the way the pirates managment are being stingy with trying to get players. i wouldn't walk across the street with a free ticket to go watch. And I love my pirates, i'm just so fed up with mcClatchy. the only thing that i fear is we sell and move the team...Look at the pic below, half full stadium

IMGP6296.jpg

Definitely ridiculous. They are lining their pockets rather than using the money to bring in new players. I wonder where they'd rank in profits if they reinvested that money in the team...

Dude, McClatchy isn't with the organization anymore (though he may still own a share)... and while he's been the public face... he hasn't been the real power in the organization for years. The Nutting family of Wheeling has been in control... blame them. I am boycotting everything Pirates. They get a publicly funded stadium and make no attempt to put a competitive product on the field. They are using the money they get from MLB revenue sharing to bolster their own profits instead of improving the team.