Cascade coffee club now forming

Veloise

Awright, I've had it. There are even fewer people in my tiny office this month. There's a bazillion coffee places within a linear mile, and many office parks in this desolate wastela--I mean, geographic area.

Being the proactive type, I'm collecting contact info for folks who'd like to meet for coffee a few times a week.

Send a PM. (Note: this is not DT, but we can talk about beautiful old buildings and sidewalks that go somewhere and density and activities and fun.) Once I have a critical mass, we can list our favorite places and start making the rounds. (Fireplace at Beaner's, comfy seating at Panera...) Why, we could even go to M@C!

Yep, I put this on Craigslist as well.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awright, I've had it. There are even fewer people in my tiny office this month. There's a bazillion coffee places within a linear mile, and many office parks in this desolate wastela--I mean, geographic area.

Being the proactive type, I'm collecting contact info for folks who'd like to meet for coffee a few times a week.

Send a PM. (Note: this is not DT, but we can talk about beautiful old buildings and sidewalks that go somewhere and density and activities and fun.) Once I have a critical mass, we can list our favorite places and start making the rounds. (Fireplace at Beaner's, comfy seating at Panera...) Why, we could even go to M@C!

Yep, I put this on Craigslist as well.

I don't live or work in Cascade, but I definitely have family in Cascade that I'll be staying with Dec. 18 -31. Would you have any time to meet for coffee in that vicinity during that time period? I know it's crazy with the holidays, days off, shopping, parties, etc. (and maybe even work). But I'd like to meet some of you GR Urban Planeteers while I'm in town for such a long stretch.

TBD. Today I have to drive to Cleveland (yep, freezing rain) for a meeting tomorrow, return Thurs. Perhaps Friday...got two more interested folks off CL over the weekend.

Please PM me with your e-mail address, and I will add you to the teeming throng. (Might be pushing ten, including several forumers.)

> IDEA < Maybe we could tour Waterfall Plaza!

TBD. Today I have to drive for a work meeting. Perhaps Friday...got two more interested folks off CL over the weekend.

Please PM me with your e-mail address, and I will add you to the teeming throng. (Might be pushing ten, including several forumers.)

> IDEA < Maybe we could tour Waterfall Plaza!

Premier convening:

10 am today (Friday) at Beaner's, 6275 28th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546. This is on the north side of the street, roughly between the Wally World and the D&W.

Smallish place so we don't need a big sign or balloons. I've heard from a handful of folks (fewer than the Founder's tour, perhaps a similar number as our retail task force).

This is a non-sponsored event so BYO$.

Everyone is welcome!

I think everyone enjoyed the get-together.

But I need to watch out for that Biggbys Rwandan Organic.

I was jacked for about 4 hours.

Thanks Veloise, for taking time to organize this informal group.

Kathy and I are looking forward to seeing you at the TubaChristmas

concert on Sunday.

John

Still getting replies from the Craigslist posting. One fellow wants me to organize an evening/weekend group in Cascade. Just got one tonight from someone who's some distance away...these coffee places ought to advertise themselves as meet-up sites!

Will try this again next week, some day and location TBD.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived