Bush gets his Iraq Trophy

monsoon

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bush tries to capitalize everything politically - including war, that's the only reason he did what he did. The war is still on.

You two hate Bush with a purple passion. You would never give him the benefit of the doubt in anything. Am I right ? ;)

Me ? I am free to criticize and to praise the man. It's a wonderful feeling. Declare yourself unaffiliated today ! B)

Dale - I don't hate Bush because of him as a person. I dislike his policy and the way he is leading this nation.

I understand. But can you see my point about, say, the "chickenhawk" charge - the tendency among dems to apply the charge to Bush and not to Clinton ?

I can only hope that I'm big enough not to identify with Bush to the extent that I cannot criticize him. I like some of the things he's done, and dislike other things he has done.

That is because Clinton did not start a War without a UN mandate. There is a big difference in meeting treaty obligations (Clinton) versus attacking a defenseless country in order to topple its government against world support (Bush). Hence the ChickenHawk charge applies to Bush and not Clinton.

I find it quite amusing that Bush is so bad off that his supporters now have to look to Clinton for legitimacy. jester.gif

Rather, reflexive Bush-bashers like yourself cannot find it in your hearts to apply the same criticisms to Clinton that you do to Bush, like attacking a country which was no threat to us. Were the Balkans a threat to us ? Yet you justify the bombing of the Balkans.

Be fair.

That is because the same criticism are not justified. Clinton's involvement in the Balkins were due to treaty obligations to Nato and the UN. The UN and Nato refused to participate in Iraq.

And I could just as easily argue that Hussein was ripe for removal due to his longstanding defiance of multiple UN injunctions, were it not for the fact that I do not ascribe much legitimacy to the UN.

Whatever the case, you condemn Bush for attacking a nation that did not attack us. Did the Serbs attack us ?

Be fair.

I am being fair. The US did not attack Serbia. Nato did. And the US being a member of Nato is obgligated to act. Do you fail to see this, or do you wish that Nato be disbanded as well?

NATO planes and pilots bombed Kosovo for sixty days, killing 2,000 citizens in an arguably senseless intervention ?

Archived