Christmas in Statesboro

pmc6986

Being new here to Statesboro, & my first Christmas here, I have a comment & some questions:

1. I would have thought that the town would have put up some decorations on Northside Drive around the Mall & Wal Mart.

2. Do they do a Christmas parade here?

3. Do they have a Christmas tree downtown, if so, where is it? (maybe I've missed it)

Everyone have a Merry Christmas

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The decorations are concentrated in the downtown area.

You should have asked about events earlier. Tonight, Thursday, was the big downtown Christmas celebration. There was a parade, chili cook-off, live music, fake snow, and Santa Claus. This is the second year for the cook-off, but the other things have become an annual tradition. There was also a tour of some of the homes on Savannah Avenue. The street was supposed to be blocked off so folks could take a casual walk through the area. I didn't go but had to fight the extra traffic in the downtown area when I went through around 5:15.

Tomorrow night is First Friday, which is held every first Friday downtown. The stores stay open late and there are artists and musicians set up on the sidewalks. Sometimes there are free food samples and some stores and restaurants offer discounts.

There is more on the Statesboro Herald web site http://www.statesboroherald.com/news/article/6961/

I will try to snap some at some point. I need to get a better camera though since my ex-roommate stole and pawned my nice camera - its not easy being a student - lol. Usually the Bulloch County Courthouse looks amazing with the lights on, and the Statesboro City Hall looks nice too. The Statesboro Mall used to decorate the bushes in the front of the parking lot with white lights, but I am not sure if they are still doing that tradition as most of my driving occurs around the university these days.

I will try to snap some at some point. I need to get a better camera though since my ex-roommate stole and pawned my nice camera - its not easy being a student - lol. Usually the Bulloch County Courthouse looks amazing with the lights on, and the Statesboro City Hall looks nice too. The Statesboro Mall used to decorate the bushes in the front of the parking lot with white lights, but I am not sure if they are still doing that tradition as most of my driving occurs around the university these days.

Archived