bchris02

Riverdale area

Even so, it's hard for me to believe the numbers on leasing to ServiceMaster vs. contributing the land to a redevelopment wouldn't be vastly superior in the latter. 
I've also noticed the Riviera Condos are basically empty - looks like two or three at most lit up at night. I wonder how long until that investor has to convert those to rentals? The demand for rentals would undoubtedly be high there, but it's tough to sell a condo for $250k when you can get a decent house for that in the market. 

The Riviera is plagued by several factors, one being that the “improvements” are terribly designed and two, the floor-floor height in that building is extremely low from what I hear, discouraging would-be tenants (they should have considered creating some 2-story units to open up the floors). A tragic combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Architect said:

The Riviera is plagued by several factors, one being that the “improvements” are terribly designed and two, the floor-floor height in that building is extremely low from what I hear, discouraging would-be tenants (they should have considered creating some 2-story units to open up the floors). A tragic combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I had never been inside, but that makes more sense. 

Riverdale's former Dixie Cafe restaurant building (as opposed to the Dixie Restaurants office) appears to be nearing a sale, after just around a month of vacancy.  A "Sale Pending" rider can now be seen on the for-lease sign situated at the entrance.

So much for talk of a pending sale. I searched LoopNet for the Riverdale Dixie Cafe restaurant building this morning, after noticing the Colliers sign removed from the property earlier this week. The building is officially off the market for now. It had been listed at $1,425,000, valued less than the forthcoming Starbucks on the old Shogun site (with its lease good through 2028).

Meanwhile to the east, it looks like some dirt is being moved around again on the old Doublebee's site. Perhaps construction will finally begin on that?

21 minutes ago, ArkansasTraveler said:

So much for talk of a pending sale. I searched LoopNet for the Riverdale Dixie Cafe restaurant building this morning, after noticing the Colliers sign removed from the property earlier this week. The building is officially off the market for now. It had been listed at $1,425,000, valued less than the forthcoming Starbucks on the old Shogun site (with its lease good through 2028).

Meanwhile to the east, it looks like some dirt is being moved around again on the old Doublebee's site. Perhaps construction will finally begin on that?

Might that just mean that the building is now sold?

12 minutes ago, Architect said:

Might that just mean that the building is now sold?

We'll see. Nothing shows up yet when searching for the address in real estate transactions in Pulaski County through May 4 of this year, the most recently released date.

2 minutes ago, ArkansasTraveler said:

We'll see. Nothing shows up yet when searching for the address in real estate transactions in Pulaski County through May 4 of this year, the most recently released date.

It was sold

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, laketrout said:

I believe a bank branch will replace the Dixie Cafe building.

That's FANTASTIC!  This city needs more branch banks.  :-|

18 hours ago, laketrout said:

I believe a bank branch will replace the Dixie Cafe building.

I'm hoping this was a bit of humor.  I'm expecting that to be the case because what this town needs is yet another bank.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Arkanzin said:

I'm hoping this was a bit of humor.  I'm expecting that to be the case because what this town needs is yet another bank.  

Humor and/or sarcasm!

Anyone know what is going in on Cantrell where the Japanese restaurant Shogun was?

Starbucks. By my estimation, expect a late October opening. Also, they've signed up for a 10-year lease.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

It's a very nice store.  The menu board is interesting.  It only lists grande sized beverages and few beverages at that.   All the usual Starbucks drinks are available.  You just don't know the price or calories of any beverages other than the grande-sized ones.