Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fsubelch

Tallahassee Business closing doors

15 posts in this topic

A few months ago I posted about a rumor that had our local compusa closing. A few days after the post, Tallahassee was one of the cities listed on the official compusa.com closing list. For whatever reason compusa removed Tallahassee from the closing list (they ended closing about 130 stores across the country). According to this article, compusa is closing its doors across the country for good.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/07/rip-compusa-1984-2008/

I am trying to find the article that was on cnbc.com earlier today....If I find it I will post it on here.

Now, what would you like to see occupy this location????

A few months ago I posted about a rumor that had our local compusa closing. A few days after the post, Tallahassee was one of the cities listed on the official compusa.com closing list. For whatever reason compusa removed Tallahassee from the closing list (they ended closing about 130 stores across the country). According to this article, compusa is closing its doors across the country for good.

I am trying to find the article that was on cnbc.com earlier today....If I find it I will post it on here.

I just let my wife know about the CompUSA closings and she did a little online research and the tentative shutdown date is reported as being February 2008.

I just let my wife know about the CompUSA closings and she did a little online research and the tentative shutdown date is reported as being February 2008.

Honestly I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did...........

This closure will leave us void of a qualified Apple dealer. We need something that sells Apple. Beyond that, this could be a another Best Buy in my opinion.

I'm sorry to see them go. I used them a lot and also I'm not fond of vacant large buildings. Hopefully something will move in there soon.

Probably no Fry's for us, they are mainly in CA and TX, however they did just open 2 in metro ATL.

It's funny, the Democrat is not willing to research this closing like you guys have done and for right now; they are just sticking to a comment that is safe.

Fry's would be awesome. I visited the one in Alpharetta, GA a couple of months ago.

We could only hope.

Those people at that News paper are lazier than people think state employees are.

Those people at that News paper are lazier than people think state employees are.