Louisiana State University

buckett5425

No it's not. Besides, LSU owns all the empty land at the tech park. You guys are moaning about nothing. Just be glad this project is taking place in this sorry economy.

No doubt I am happy this project is happening despite the crappy economy...last time I checked this website was called "Urban Planet"...maybe you should start your own new website/blog "Suburban Planet" Or Sprawl/Rural Planet".....

Edited by richyb83
  • Like 2

I'm sorry that my opinion (which is different than yours) makes you rude.

Speaking of rude, go check out your comments in some of the other threads. If our opinions differ from yours, you pretty much call us stupid. If we disagree with your opinion, you call us rude. Ironically, all of the other forum members seem to get along great even if they disagree. I wonder who the problem child is...

• Like 1

Speaking of rude, go check out your comments in some of the other threads. If our opinions differ from yours, you pretty much call us stupid. If we disagree with your opinion, you call us rude. Ironically, all of the other forum members seem to get along great even if they disagree. I wonder who the problem child is...

If you have a problem with my comments on another topic then you should make a comment in that particular thread instead of arguing in this thread. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

IDK if this was mentioned and I don't feel like looking for it....but the new south upper deck at LSU's tiger stadium is all but certain now. I had preliminaries somewhere, but I can't find them. There is demand for more box seats and about 7,000 new stadium seats.

Many people actually don't know this....but the LSU business education complex would have been delayed a year if not for a valuable TV deal made for the LSU football team. Athletics made it possible.

Say what you want, but athletics are a great way to keep your alumni base engaged with the school decades after they graduate.

• Like 1

IDK if this was mentioned and I don't feel like looking for it....but the new south upper deck at LSU's tiger stadium is all but certain now. I had preliminaries somewhere, but I can't find them. There is demand for more box seats and about 7,000 new stadium seats.

Many people actually don't know this....but the LSU business education complex would have been delayed a year if not for a valuable TV deal made for the LSU football team. Athletics made it possible.

Say what you want, but athletics are a great way to keep your alumni base engaged with the school decades after they graduate.

Very good point. Never thought of it like that.

• Like 1

Very good point. Never thought of it like that.

Thanks, Antrell. I'm very proud of our home team. For about a decade, we have been seeing what happens when private donations and a motivated alumni base are applied to athletics at a public school (with a self sustaining athletic program, I might add). We are only seeing the beginning of what happens when those resources or applied to education. The school will be pushed farther than it ever could be if it were completely dependent on state dollars for revenue.

Great things ahead for LSU.

Edited by cajun
  • Like 1

Thanks, Antrell. I'm very proud of our home team. For about a decade, we have been seeing what happens when private donations and a motivated alumni base are applied to athletics at a public school (with a self sustaining athletic program, I might add). We are only seeing the beginning of what happens when those resources or applied to education. The school will be pushed farther than it ever could be if it were completely dependent on state dollars for revenue.

Great things ahead for LSU.

Now lets work on the basketball teams.

• Like 2

Good to have you back posting Cajun :thumbsup: What a fun ride it has been for the LSU Football team(btw feel free to check-out the LaSports forum thread) LSU is an economic engine indeed in so many ways!

I know the expansion has been talked about...my question is eventhough they tell you paid attendance is 92,400+ like in Kentucky game w an 11:20am start...the actual attendance was only 77,000...you see empty seats; but they paid for :dontknow: So the demand must be there even with the no-shows...

• Like 1

Trahan Architects has a history of designing projects regardless of their feasibility. I am POSITIVE he has designed a few different concepts for the southern end zone upperdeck regardless of TAF's intentions, knowing he will recoup his initial expense when an expansion plan is sought.

Other than TAF sending out a questionnaire, gaging demand for expansion of it's season ticket holders, I know of know other "official" word.

• Like 1