Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grock

Parking turns away downtown visitors

4 posts in this topic

Last night downtown was totally screwed up. The city had bagged dozens of meters for an event at the Civic Center. What is the purpose of this? Who wants to pay event parking at a garage to grab dinner? A metered spot would have been great in the pouring rain.

Also Saturday afternoon the city was packed with Disney on Ice at the Civic Center yet many restaurants were closed. Starbucks was even closed.

This city will never be successful unless the people in charge (city hall, police and the merchants) start practicing the cardinal rule of business: SERVE THE CUSTOMER!

I think they may have bagged those meters in case of bad weather in which case the roads need to be maintained.

I am downtown every weekend and it seems those annoying red bags are out more often than not.

Last night downtown was totally screwed up. The city had bagged dozens of meters for an event at the Civic Center. What is the purpose of this? Who wants to pay event parking at a garage to grab dinner? A metered spot would have been great in the pouring rain.

Also Saturday afternoon the city was packed with Disney on Ice at the Civic Center yet many restaurants were closed. Starbucks was even closed.

This city will never be successful unless the people in charge (city hall, police and the merchants) start practicing the cardinal rule of business: SERVE THE CUSTOMER!

I think they may have bagged those meters in case of bad weather in which case the roads need to be maintained.

I am downtown every weekend and it seems those annoying red bags are out more often than not.