Amway Center

bic

shape taking place in the Southeast corner of the building:

ScreenShot008.jpg

Someone should get out there for some ground level shots!

I was on I-4 today and it was nuts. There was a sea of concrete pillars and there had to be 6 additional cranes to the 1 tower crane. They aren't messing around with this building.

The Orlando Magic will distribute about $50,000 to 11 businesses on West Church Street to help the firms pay for rent through June 2010. The Magic's chief operating officer said that they want to help set the tenants up for success so that at the end of the two years, they are ready to take advantage of the million people each year that will be coming across their front door from the events center. The Magic and the city of Orlando also plan to provide tenants with business plans to capitalize on the increase in foot traffic once the 750,000-square-foot arena opens in 2010.

Just a moment ago during the Magic-Pacers halftime show, there was a short segment about the construction of the new arena. Not much was said that we didn't already know about but a gentleman (forgot his official title with the Magic) noted that we'll be see much of the same vertical construction and concrete pouring moving clockwise around the site for the next few months, and around April we should begin to see some exterior walls going up.

Even though the arena isn't slated to be ready until late 2010, it looks like we are probably less than a year away from seeing most of the arena's visual/structural mass being in place. I imagine that it takes quite a while to install all the seats, electrical equipment, furnish the various rooms, ready the concession stands, stores, and test that all systems are 100% operational by opening night.

The Orlando Magic will distribute about $50,000 to 11 businesses on West Church Street to help the firms pay for rent through June 2010. The Magic's chief operating officer said that they want to help set the tenants up for success so that at the end of the two years, they are ready to take advantage of the million people each year that will be coming across their front door from the events center. The Magic and the city of Orlando also plan to provide tenants with business plans to capitalize on the increase in foot traffic once the 750,000-square-foot arena opens in 2010.

Link?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

looks nice. which lot is this gonna be on exactly? adjacent to divison and south?

Looks like it's going to sit directly south of the events center, right next to the I-4 off ramp with the pedestrian bridge crossing over South Street.

IOW, Division will be on the west side of both structures with South street running between them.

^^

bic, you are a madman.

wow.

much nicer than I could've possibly imagined. what an asset to this town. when driving down I-4, wow, wow, wow.

boy, what a contrast to the architectural style of 55W. this facility echoes a bit of the style from the 400 N. proposal.

this will be an icon.

How will the seal be created? Will it be a relief or will it be painted? A relief will stand the test of time (and would obviously cost tons more).

The seal looks amazing.

I agree there should be some retail, office space or something. Give people a reason to walk by when the events center is dark.