Amway Center

bic

Wouldn't it make sense to have a Magic FanAttic or official team store on the premises? I think it might also be a good idea to have tickets kiosks at all 3 venues or at least the PAC and events center for all upcoming events. I know we aren't a long storied franchise by any stretch, but we just hit 20 years old, right? How about a small Orlando Magic History Museum at the base. They could have frequent visits by former players like Nick Anderson, Shaq, Dee Brown, Otis Smith, (is Reggie Theus still alive?), Cat, Penny, McGrady, 3-D, Ice Reynolds, Scotty Skiles. As a matter of fact, the official store and museum should be tied together. Then, fans can learn about the franchise history and then buy a mug, jersey, mousepad, or T-shirt. Maybe have it signed on special player days.

Wouldn't it make sense to have a Magic FanAttic or official team store on the premises? I think it might also be a good idea to have tickets kiosks at all 3 venues or at least the PAC and events center for all upcoming events. I know we aren't a long storied franchise by any stretch, but we just hit 20 years old, right? How about a small Orlando Magic History Museum at the base. They could have frequent visits by former players like Nick Anderson, Shaq, Dee Brown, Otis Smith, (is Reggie Theus still alive?), Cat, Penny, McGrady, 3-D, Ice Reynolds, Scotty Skiles. As a matter of fact, the official store and museum should be tied together. Then, fans can learn about the franchise history and then buy a mug, jersey, mousepad, or T-shirt. Maybe have it signed on special player days.

There will be an Orlando Magic fan store at ground level in the new arena that can be accessed even on days when there is no game. Not sure if they'll call it the FanAttic but your dream will be realized. A lot of new sports complexes these days are incorporating a hall of fame exhibit for the home team in them. I haven't heard of that being part of the new arena's design but I'm sure that homage will be paid to Magic teams of the past in some form. There's also the neat design element that will allow pedestrians to peer into the team's practice court through glass fronting the street.

the Fan Attic reload if you will at the stadium is a great idea. It's like buying Gatorwear in Gainesville across from campus instead of in other florida cities; I bet it will be successful in that location.

For the record, I looked over the designs bic posted about the new parking deck and I am very excitied about this project as a whole. This will be downtown's crown jewel.

I will have a bird's eye view of the garage and the southern tip of the Events Center when its all said and done from my office.

is that a Frank Lloyd Wright design above in PA? It's funny; Pitt was always looked down upon as a rust belt arm pit years ago, but if you go there, it has some of the most dramatic geography clashing with a city's urban core that I've ever seen in this country.

I will have a bird's eye view of the garage and the southern tip of the Events Center when its all said and done from my office.

is that a Frank Lloyd Wright design above in PA? It's funny; Pitt was always looked down upon as a rust belt arm pit years ago, but if you go there, it has some of the most dramatic geography clashing with a city's urban core that I've ever seen in this country.

Yep, Pittsburgh is beautiful for six months a year, (May through October). Kind of ugly the other six months. Lots of interesting buildings too.

Frank Lloyd Wright designed it in the 1930's. The budget was 1 million, but they ended up spending about 20. The lower terrace is a balcony that connects to the main living room. It's a very cool view looking down at the water fall. One of main challenges for Frank Lloyd Wright was to keep the house cool during the summer time with no electricity. He designed a staircase from the main living room all the way down to the river. At the base of the staircase is a screen door which pulls the breeze from off the river. The breeze flows up the stairwell and cools the living room. A very impressive feat.

It amazes me how fast these things go up. I guess that's because sports facilities the structure is the easy part, it's all the interior and technological aspects that take a while. So exciting.

I'm so glad we got this arena under construction before it got a chance to be delayed like most other proposals these days. I was always very happy with the O-Rena but within the past year I've started to notice how small, outdated, and shabby it looks. I think it's because the building is getting so much more exposure now that the Magic have a lot more nationally televised games (in HD), its flaws are that much more visible. I'm going to miss the O-Rena but can't wait until we have a world-class team playing in a world-class building.

I used to think the O-rena was well more than adequate until I visited the TD Gardens in Boston and AA Arena in Miami. After seeing Seattle lose their franchise of more than 20 years due to a stadium fight I am extremely happy we got the concrete pouring before there was any chance to derail it. Regardless of what anyone says, a major sports franchise does alot to define a city and the Magic are a big part of Orlando's identity. I'm ecstatic they are doing so well. There success is our success, just as Bic referenced the exposure. Imagine the surprise of most people when they see the arial shots of downtown now compared to just a few years ago. I guess there's nothing left to say but.........GO MAGIC!

I have travelled to a lot of cities and been to concerts in their arenas and I will third the view that the O-rena is incredibly outdated and drab. I've been to Miami's AA arena (didn't really care for it), Madison Square Garden (an older facility, the concourses/gates system is very confusing but the arena itself is great), Chicago's United Center (great facility), Key Arena in Seattle (can see why they left), and even some smaller hockey arenas in Canada. Even the St. Pete Times Forum isn't all that bad. I can't wait for this new arena to open up. I will miss the red cushioned seats though ;-)

I will miss the red cushioned seats though ;-)

Actually, I think that's one of the major problems with the current arena. Those red seats stick out like sore thumbs when you're watching a Magic game on TV. With many of the fans wearing blue or white shirts, there is great contrast when a seat isn't filled, giving the appearance of an empty arena even if it's supposed to be a sell-out. I can't wait until we have blue seats that match our major team's colors.

I have travelled to a lot of cities and been to concerts in their arenas and I will third the view that the O-rena is incredibly outdated and drab. I've been to Miami's AA arena (didn't really care for it), Madison Square Garden (an older facility, the concourses/gates system is very confusing but the arena itself is great), Chicago's United Center (great facility), Key Arena in Seattle (can see why they left), and even some smaller hockey arenas in Canada. Even the St. Pete Times Forum isn't all that bad. I can't wait for this new arena to open up. I will miss the red cushioned seats though ;-)

I have been to most arenas on the east coast. I would say Miami is the nicest I've ever been in with Chicago a close 2nd.

I saw U2 at the Miami arena and my impression is probably tweaked by that experience. The arena itself is probably great for basketball games and even concerts, but we were in the upper level towards the back/side of the stage. Our view was fine, but it felt like we were crammed into a corner. They have certainly tried to put a seat in every crevice they could find in that place.