Amway Center

bic

They really need to bring back the ultra cheap seats.  Those Preds games were crazy fun when the upper deck was like $4 a ticket or something.  Parents packed the place with kids, who are by their very nature, LOUD.

It didn't seen to bother or lessen the people down below who were already going to buy normal tickets.  I'm sure Mr. Siegel can make it work.  Although I do understand a few things about economics, I'm no expert like he must be.  However, the cheap seats were a huge deal.

The overall price of tickets is too high, as well, if you compare it to other sports.  I've been a season ticket holder since 2003 and regularly going to games since 2001.  The Preds started charging prices that were comparable to the NFL... while I love the Preds, I'm not a fool.  I know the AFL product does not equal the NFL.  Stop trying to rip me off telling me that they are.  Let me enjoy the AFL for what it is.  In all honesty, the only reason I was still a season ticket holder in BOTH 2012 and 2013 was due to receiving hefty discounts.  I also dropped 4 (I think it was 4 or maybe even 5???) classes of tickets when they moved to UCF because I wasn't happy with the price structure, even with my hefty discount.  I went from a few rows up from the field to the upper deck.

Edited by HankStrong

They really need to bring back the ultra cheap seats.  Those Preds games were crazy fun when the upper deck was like $4 a ticket or something.  Parents packed the place with kids, who are by their very nature, LOUD.

It didn't seen to bother or lessen the people down below who were already going to buy normal tickets.  I'm sure Mr. Siegel can make it work.  Although I do understand a few things about economics, I'm no expert like he must be.  However, the cheap seats were a huge deal.

The overall price of tickets is too high, as well, if you compare it to other sports.  I've been a season ticket holder since 2003 and regularly going to games since 2001.  The Preds started charging prices that were comparable to the NFL... while I love the Preds, I'm not a fool.  I know the AFL product does not equal the NFL.  Stop trying to rip me off telling me that they are.  Let me enjoy the AFL for what it is.  In all honesty, the only reason I was still a season ticket holder in BOTH 2012 and 2013 was due to receiving hefty discounts.  I also dropped 4 (I think it was 4 or maybe even 5???) classes of tickets when they moved to UCF because I wasn't happy with the price structure, even with my hefty discount.  I went from a few rows up from the field to the upper deck.

It also is an arena that is half the size, no? And I believe they doubled the price of the cheapest ticket from the last year at Amway Center? Its hardly fair to completely blame it on moving to UCF area. I don't like seeing sports with arenas half empty, I actually think with it being on campus with all the students there, if they didn't raise ticket prices, attendance wouldn't have dropped and the arena would have been fairly well packed. There's a big difference between moving to Disney's facility (which is terrible as no residents or any of their target market lives near it) and I think orlando city would have done fine (as a minor league team, the real pros need to be downtown) if they went to UCF instead of Disney for the season without so many problems.

• 3 years later...

That whole I-4 corridor through downtown is going to look very different in a few years.  I-4 itself will be over large portions of Hughey and Garland and will heavily encroach on the buildings abutting each road.  They are going to ruin the view of that corner of the Amway Center, but, on the bright side, I-4 will be much higher off the ground and the pillars will take up less space.

2 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

I'm one of the worst in history of a "Look at that over there where I'm pointing!" game... So pardon my incompetence, but uhhh where is the pillar going in that picture?

It's the white square on the intersection corner on the bottom.  Underneath the green of the left palm tree.

12 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

Interesting.  Wonder if we can requested updated renderings because that definitely isn't shown on the public ones.

I put the blue X approx where that white square is.

amwaypillar.PNG

I'd imagine it needs to be within the red humps of the ROW line.  So we could be looking at 4 pillars there potentially? I'm not sure why else they would have drawn the ROW line like that.

There is seemingly brown diamonds perhaps indicating pillars?

Edited by aent

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...