• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Outdated!  Need new!

About time we got a replacement eh?

My years of emails and phone calls and use the of the suggestion box by the security office have finally come to fruition! The lights around the wrapped exterior roof are fixed! Yay! (But they didn't

Posted Images

^^

that party, bulldogger, at the plaza was on the PH of the South Tower, right, b/c 55W blocks the North Tower view of the Arena...

^^

as for the size, the arena is very tall. the thing so looks like it's near the footprint of the Citrus Bowl. I was at Citrus Club yesterday marveling at its grandeur. It's so worth the bank. I can't wait for it to be incorporated into the Church St. corridor.

I was on the North Tower, but I could only see it when I walked around the building (interior south side of the north tower) if I remember correctly. I think there was a view between 55W and SunTrust. It's a little foggy at this point. I don't get up there regularly.

^^

you were in the Stirling Sotheby's space, I take it... I frequently watch shuttle launches from there (when they let me, that is).

here's little diddy... go to 10, and go to the South Tower tip by Church and Orange- still U/C-- you can see everything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

June 23, 2009:

eventscenter62309.jpg

^ BTW, the lot that was being used as a staging area for the arena's construction looks like it's been cleaned up a lot and leveled, so maybe we'll start to see the new parking garage begin construction soon.

Edited by bic

Here are a few pics from today. I didn't take pictures, but there is a curious bit of work being done right next to the events center. There is a large drill and some kind of reinforcement being done to I-4 at the corner of Church Street. The construction workers at that spot looked a little worried that I was taking pictures near them... hmmm?? Anyone know anything about that??? Anyway, enjoy the pics.

rena.jpg

rena2.jpg

rena3.jpg

Here are a few pics from today. I didn't take pictures, but there is a curious bit of work being done right next to the events center. There is a large drill and some kind of reinforcement being done to I-4 at the corner of Church Street. The construction workers at that spot looked a little worried that I was taking pictures near them... hmmm?? Anyone know anything about that??? Anyway, enjoy the pics.

This is, I believe, the answer to your question, from the Sentinel June 2:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...0,6428376.story