Amway Center

bic

Ripped paper artwork to hang in Amway Center

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - The high profile new Amway Arena in downtown Orlando deserves some high profile interior decorating. That includes artwork. Which is why Derek Gores, a talented man from Brevard County, has been commissioned to create 6 custom pieces made of "scrap paper."

"This is my craziness. I think it's just a way of getting beyond drawing or painting. Some of it's random, some of it's intentional," says Gores, whose fine art might be best classified as scrapbooking-meets-collage artistry.

"The Magic gave me this box of all this stuff I could use. Programs, posters, photos, autographs, game tickets," says Gores, who looks at a photo, and turns it into a ripping reproduction.

"This artwork is going to have some of the 'primo' spots within the stadium."

Continue:

http://www.myfoxorla...in-amway-center

I was doing some thinking, with two Ronald McDonald Homes in Orlando.....I wonder if the Amway Center will someday, hopefully in the not-too-distant future, host a McDonald's All-American game for the nation's top basketball recruits? I think it would be great exposure for the Amway Center and for the city if it does happen.

Here's a link to the game: McDonald's All-American

Edited by DeepEyez

About that garage......

Magic sign Geico as founding partner

The insurance firm signed a five-year deal valued in seven figures annually. In turn, Geico receives naming rights to a seven-level parking garage being built next to the arena and a skywalk connecting the two buildings, said Magic President Alex Martins.

Read more: Magic sign Geico as founding partner - Orlando Business Journal