Amway Center

bic

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wander how did they make the new desings for the Dinsey Atrium theme so fast ?

The windows looks nice with the Orlando Magic wallpaper, but I thought you could watch the players pratice.

It's not the practice court which runs along Division Street. This corner (Division/Church) is slated to be a restaurant or retail I believe.

Snapped this tonight. Interestingly, when I was driving into downtown from work this evening, I could swear the parameter lights along the upper edge were a shade of green. When I finally parked, they were white again. I don't see that on the webcam history ... I don't know. Maybe I imagined it. :P

IMG_1011.jpg

Great picture! I'm going to be featuring this picture and your blog on my coverage of the Amway Center grand opening tomorrow night. Thanks again for giving me a shout out to my site: http://www.OrlandoLocalGuide.com

Amway Center’s Sky Bar scheduled to open Oct. 28

Sky Bar, the open-air bar located 100 feet up on the top of the new Amway Center’s tower, is scheduled to open on Oct. 28. This is in conjunction with the Orlando Magic season opening game according to Heather Allebaugh, press secretary forMayor Buddy Dyer.

Amway Center's Sky Bar opens October 28

Edited by DeepEyez

Went to Jernigan's before the game last night...and i know i know you aren't suppose to review restaurants until after 2 months of them being in business...but c'mon they are in a big corporate setting, you would think they'd have their act together a little!

We waited in a long line to get in on the club level which I didn't really care about much, after all they just opened their doors...

It's a buffet, for $35.95 (desserts from dessert lady, not included....boo $10)

There are 4 different food themes: bbq, italian, asian, and american (?) i forget the fourth.... its set in a circle format, pretty small, think buffet at a wedding for about 50 people (at least that is what came to my mind)

16j233r.jpg

By the time we got around the buffet circle and sat down our food was cold, good, but cold...going up for seconds there was no one in line and the food was hot for about 1.5 seconds until the freezing AC cooled our food down haha

one redeeming thing was where we sat was amazing! Great view of the court... http://plixi.com/p/49911449

If it was a regular full service restaurant with a menu, I would return, but not at this rate...

I don't know why I didn't mention this earlier. During the Magic game against New Orleans this past weekend, I remember hearing Rich Devos, owner of the Orlando Magic, state that he plans on doing what he did with Grand Rapids to Orlando and in that YouTube clip above Bob Vander Weide, CEO and Vice-Chairman of Orlando Magic, made mention of future investments. I wonder if they plan on developing further into Parramore and really sprucing up the neighborhood.

If you want an example of what they've done in Grand Rapids, Michigan, well here you go......

Van Andel Arena

Devos Place

Devos Performance Hall