Amway Center

bic

My bearings must be off or did they simply omit I4 from 2 of the renderings?

You might be a little off.  I-4 would only appear in the top picture, but it might just be muddled down there in the bottom.  You can see 55 West in that one because it is looking E/NE and up the street.

The middle one, it would beyond the top, as that is looking E/slightly NE but mostly downward.

The bottom one, it would be off beyond the left side, as that is looking SW.

Edited by HankStrong

My bearings must be off or did they simply omit I4 from 2 of the renderings?

Ocityst Rendering - Looking W down Church Street. I-4 would be off to the right.

demon Renderings -  Looking NE across Church and Division. I-4 is hiden behind palm trees along Church St.

Looking Down/East from Church, just east of Division. I-4 is out of rendering - would be along the top.

Looking South-Southwest from inside new development. I-4 is out of rendering - would be farther off to the left.

^^

Great renderings.

The only issue I have is that they aren't looking ahead and building their office building taller like FH did and build out the floors they don't need now in the future.  That being said, this should compliment HD Supply nicely.

Otherwise, the proposal is a great proposal.  I wonder what the turnaround time is on moving OPD.

Look for a scaled down version of it to be completed in about 10 - 15 years....   <_<  :whistling:

I have to agree with this.

We have to wait for:

(1) Lynx move to a new lot

(2) OPD needs fundings to build on Lynx lot

(3) Then Magic can start building.

Plus, second phase never get completed in Orlando.

If this project happening, the homeless place got to go....move it to Apopka

We have to wait for:

Negative.. Always Negative. 

• Like 1

We have to wait for:

Well, I think it is unfair to say that about DPAC already. Phase 2 is scheduled to break ground in 2015 and be complete by 2018.

Edited by Pete C

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, David Siegel has purchased the Orlando Predators and is in negotiations to bring them back to the AC.  This would be the right thing to do.  All of Orlando's professional sports teams in the same couple of blocks next to the coming Magic complex?  That's a good call.

Numbers have been down at UCF despite the team faring better on the field. There's a contingent that actually believe moving sports to the burbs like UCF and IDrive or Disney is a good idea. The Preds and City Soccers stint at Disney give us the opportunity to tear down that hypothesis with data.

The only sport I suppose would do great in maybe Seminole county is minor league baseball. Family friendly pricing and atmosphere catering to communities that don't have a "we're too big for minor league baseball" mentality as Orlando tends to.

• Like 1